[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Can one make a diy power bank by connecting a couple of these?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /diy/ - Do It yourself

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1
File: increase-battery-time-hours.png (112 KB, 450x277) Image search: [Google]
increase-battery-time-hours.png
112 KB, 450x277
Can one make a diy power bank by connecting a couple of these? As well as not making it blow up into your face while making it?
>>
>>1005566
>DIY powerbank
ebay has several different variations of modules for this exact purpose, contains a li-ion charger, buck and boost converters and USB sockets for charging and supplying power...
Costs about $5 a pop.
>connecting a couple of these
yes, it can be done, but no, you should not do it.
if the cells are not properly matched (a good manufacturer sorts a big pile of them and makes a battery out of cells that are most similar) the differences will eventually cause one of them to die prematurely.
>don't give a fuck about them dying
just discharge them before you connect them together
>>
Honestly, don't bother. Powerbanks are incredibly cheap, and you will be hard-pressed to make a better one for less.
>>
>>1006210
that too. No way anybody is undercutting chink manufacture pricing.
>>
>>1006210
>>1006575
i agree with these anons. i just looked up some ebay listings, and the boards needed to charge your battery are about as expensive as a battery bank itself.
>>
>>1005566
Uhhh i have this exact battery but it seems to have gotten a bit bulgy? I have tried to squeeze out the bulge or pop it but no such luck yet. Exact battery but its almost like theres an air bubble trapped inside....i must pop it
>>
>>1007198
Bad battery if bulgy. Slay with care.
>>
Don't fuck with lithium ion batteries they'll fuck you up
>>
>>1007198
these batteries bad.. go to a (samsung) shop, demand a replacement. Theres shitloads of the things gone expansively wrong, bad batch, chemistry, whatever. Eventually, back of phone falls off, not seen one xplode yet tho
>>
>>1007942
What part of them will fuck you up?
>>
>>1007971
They are prone to catch on fire pretty violently when the inside is exposed to air, by piercing or smashing the battery.
IIRC it's the moisture in the air that does it, reacting rapidly with the lithium ions inside.
>>
tesla has published there tech specs online. build your own tesla wall <350.
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.