[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Third person camera for car
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /diy/ - Do It yourself

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 2
File: 37446-3rd_person_cam.jpg (150 KB, 798x449) Image search: [Google]
37446-3rd_person_cam.jpg
150 KB, 798x449
HEy guys I was wondering is there any way to make third person camera for car? There are drones programed that they will follow you but I think they will not be fast enough/durable while flying behind car. Would be nice to film some interesting routes. I thought about some stick and put go pro on it but it will be awful while turning. Any ideas?
>>
>>1004505
camera on an extendible pole that could circle and retract when necessary

drones ie self flying wont be necessary when you want to keep them inside a certain distance and on a leash anyway

the key would be the circling angle and how fast it move and retract etc and collision detection
>>
>>1004505
Picture related but with a camera on the balloon and probably not in the shape of a missile.

The balloon should smooth out the bumps from the car, having a pole that extends from the car will vibrate and wobble all over the place and the longer the pole gets the more it will shake about. you also don't have to worry about the balloon smacking into things too hard though if the string breaks your camera is going to float away.

A multirotor would probably be able to keep up and would give you the best footage, but they only last so long, you'd get maybe 15-20 minutes of footage depending on how fast you wanted to go, and you would have an issue with trees/signs/powerlines on the sides of the road when going around corners and such.
>>
>>1004529
But if the balloon were to hit turbulence, wouldn't it even be more bouncy?
>>
>>1006038
Fins and/or make part of it spin
>>
Wait a minute, you want a selfie stick for your car?
I can't tell if awesome or greatest faggotry ever
>>
Why would it be bad while turning? Get a wide angle lens and you'll be fine.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nIRUavithF8
>>
Selfish stick with a stabilizer will probably be the best bet. Since your adding a device the irons out bumps toss in a feature to assist with turns.
Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.