[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hello /diy/, this is my first time here, I come from /pol/, but
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /diy/ - Do It yourself

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 6
File: image.jpg (262 KB, 960x720) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
262 KB, 960x720
Hello /diy/, this is my first time here, I come from /pol/, but they are useless for what I need help with. I hope you guys can give me some good pointers.

There is this gap at the bottom of my sliding door and it appears that the door is not resting properly along the floor railings. I was alerted to it the other day when a rather large and intimidating beetle that I had noticed earlier banging against the glass from the outside suddenly and quite horrifically appeared within my house while I was trying to play my Xbox.

> I am not safe

I'm pretty good at fixing things though and I was wondering if you guys have ever had a similar problem. I suspect it doesn't help my power bill either because you can feel the heat pouring through if you put your hand down near the gap. My AC always seems to be running. Also I found a dead lizard near it too which means even fucking lizards can fit through, although il take a lizard over a bug any day.

I tried to adjust the frame but I can't seem to simply muscle it in there, I don't want to be too forceful with it and damage things. I see screws, sets of two on both the top and bottom railing housings. What do these do? Do they adjust anything? Any help you guys could provide on fixing this would be greatly appreciated.

Pic related, you can see how it is not sitting inside the U housing as well as the gap.
>>
File: image.jpg (164 KB, 1200x900) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
164 KB, 1200x900
Shameless self bump
>>
>>1001254
Proptip: Don't need to bump every 5 minutes here.

And the fact you came from /pol/ is irrelevant, we don't give a shit, in fact I think of you less because you brought that up.
>>
>>1001254
Damn, you ARE from /pol/. Trump picture, and bumping 4 minutes after posting? Always suspected you guys had reading comprehension issues...

>Read the sticky, again

You could try spray foam, assuming the gap is against the door that doesn't slide, but I've seen some pests chew through that. Have you looked at it from outside to see if there's a way to attach a piece of flashing that way, with sheet metal screws perhaps? Or even just with adhesive of some sort?

>I just told a guy from /pol/ to go outside. Kek!
>>
>>1001256
I apologize, I am in foreign territory here.
>>
>>1001258
I was thinking similarly, but I want to figure out how to get the door properly resting I. The frame before I start worrying about the gap. If I fix the door that will significantly lessen the gap as well.
>>
File: image.jpg (245 KB, 735x1030) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
245 KB, 735x1030
I thought that the slide railing might be bent somewhere keeping the door from being able to properly rest on it, but I checked and no bends. So I'm thinking it might be screw that is too tight and holding the top end of the door to high for it to go into the U. But I don't want to just start unscrewing things lol.

>>1001258
I did read the sticky, I just failed to read the mod comment about it being a slow board. Entirely my bad. I probably look like a fool, heh
>>
>>1001261
My turn to look foolish, I thought the doors were reversed in their orientation (I thought sliding one was stationary and vice versa). Are you saying that thing actually slides? If so, wow. You should be able to lift the sliding one straight up, then press the bottom carefully back (like with your foot) until it fits over the tab correctly. I'm going to bet the screws have nothing at all to do with it, but I could be wrong.
>>
>>1001273
I've tried that
>>
>>1001288
Your next move may be to take it out of the frame then and have a look at the "works" to see what's up. Good luck.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hHFFaTs2G1Y

many different styles but turn the screw at the very bottom to raise/lower the door. There may also be a stop that needs removed. Once you get it our clean and wax the bottom rail
>>
Your just missing the "mustache" it just glues down on the sill and closes up that gap.
Also, clean that fucking door.
>>
File: image.jpg (158 KB, 960x720) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
158 KB, 960x720
UPDATE

I took off the door to see what was up with the housing and I found why the door was so much higher on one end. This wheel is waaaay farther down than it ought to be, but I cannot figure out how to adjust it.
>>
>>1001463
The rollers are probably fucked. I have a set in the trailer.
>>
>>1001463
There is adjusting screws either underneath where the wheel is, or on the side of the door. It usually loses adjustment from vibrations. It can also collect dirt and shit and get raised up. Id blast it with PB blaster or WD40 since youre a /diy/ noob.

Since I posted something on topic, here's an off topic question: what do you think about 'anonymous' being against Trump? Is it a signal of the death of the true anon? We all know anons been dead for years, but this is absurd. Basically, anonymous is a democrat now. What the fuck? I remember an anon that would love to troll the entirety of the US with a president Trump. Am I too old now?
>>
>>1001468
To add to this, it appears you found the adjustment screw. If it doss work, the other side wheel may have lost the screw, or need adjusted.
>>
File: image.jpg (162 KB, 960x720) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
162 KB, 960x720
>>1001311
I just did, I'm about to do the other one lol.

It's nice and white now
>>
File: image.jpg (157 KB, 960x720) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
157 KB, 960x720
I'm screwing over my AC right now
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.