[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Are there any /dyi/stoners? Need to guiding on my quest to make
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /diy/ - Do It yourself

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3
File: 20160528_232742.jpg (1 MB, 3264x1836) Image search: [Google]
20160528_232742.jpg
1 MB, 3264x1836
Are there any /dyi/stoners? Need to guiding on my quest to make a homemade bong. It's made of glass, but it looks like its 0,5-0,7cm thick.

Should I use a dremel/drill and a diamond round bit or should I try melting a hole? I got a blowtorch and butane for it, although the highest temperature I can reach with it is about 1300 degrees celsius.

Pic related; it's the vase I'm using
>>
Why bother. Old glass milk bottle, length of 2" waste water pipe taped over the neck of the bottle. Hole in the side of the pipe with a length of hose to the bottom of the bottle with a socket in the exposed end.

You must be a tumblr grade stoner.
>>
File: 20160529_024524.jpg (1 MB, 2048x1536) Image search: [Google]
20160529_024524.jpg
1 MB, 2048x1536
>>1000327
Heat can crack the thing specially it the glass is thick, the easiest way would be to heat a spot until it's really hot and blow from the inside, it will cause a bubble of molten glass that will pop, leaving you with a nice round hole at the side, heat again to melt the remaining of the exploded bubble.
This is a pipe I made but never used, I just wanted to see if it was possible to make a hole that way.

A diamond bit would be much slower, but the glass would be much less prone to crack.

Also, what happened to the no drug paraphernalia rule?
>>
>>1000327

>- No drugs or drug paraphernalia (See Global Rule 1). If you want to discuss something that could involve such things (e.g., carving a tobacco pipe from wood) that's fine, but make sure it's /diy/ related and doesn't involve drugs or it will result in deletion/ban.

someone didnt read the board rules
>>
>>1000434
>something that could involve such things
>that's fine
>make sure it's /diy/ related and doesn't involve drugs or it will result in deletion/ban
It's pretty diy related, he's asking to build a tool, not for advice on how to grow cannabis or how to make meth from drain cleaner
>>
>>1000415
Nice thermometer crack pipe bro.
>>
>>1000327
Diamond round bit all the way. My mates uncle used to make plenty using sambuca bottles and they all turned out good. He said the biggest issue was getting impatient and trying to force the bit through at the end which would cause it to crack.
>>
File: serious_crimes_rj2ioj5.jpg (68 KB, 800x702) Image search: [Google]
serious_crimes_rj2ioj5.jpg
68 KB, 800x702
>>1000459
>It's pretty diy related, he's asking to build a tool, not for advice on how to grow cannabis or how to make meth from drain cleaner
it's DIY-retarded.
It falls in line right behind "fixing headphone wires" and "how to make a cheap air conditioner".
>>
+1 for diamond drill bit. Go slow, don't push hard, and be prepared to break some glass.
>>
>>1000327
>>670504

>No drugs or drug paraphernalia (See Global Rule 1). If you want to discuss something that could involve such things (e.g., carving a tobacco pipe from wood) that's fine, but make sure it's /diy/ related and doesn't involve drugs or it will result in deletion/ban.
>>
>>1000459
>doesn't involve drugs or it will result in deletion/ban
>weed bong
>>
>>1001210
>>1001211
>mommy someones doing drugs on 4chin!
>>
>>1001213
Its more about the fact that only 15 year olds /diy/ drug paraphernalia .
>>
>>1000621
Actually, I think it's pretty cool he made that himself, and I don't even smoke.
>>
>>1001214
Well said
>>
>>1000327
>my quest to make

Sounds pretty involved. I doubt a project of this scope and complexity has ever been successfully completed by s stoner.
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.