[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What adapter do I need?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /diy/ - Do It yourself

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 2
File: Fan.png (537 KB, 1000x600) Image search: [Google]
Fan.png
537 KB, 1000x600
I want to run the fan with specs in pic related from a normal EU wall socket (230V).

How do I go about this? I'd say I need an adapter, anyone know what kind of adapter?
>>
You need a power supply that-
1. has the right plug for where you are,
2. puts out 12 volts DC, and
3. puts out at least .5 amps. Preferably more. I would say to look for a ~1-amp power supply. It's not going to cost significantly more.

Also if you have not bought the fan already:
....It's been a few years since then, but once I built a nearly-silent PC. You couldn't get everything fanless back then, but most of it was.
The expensive fans didn't really sound any quieter than cheap ones, to be honest.
All the cheap fans were noisy at full-speed, but if you slowed them down to about 1/2 their full speed they were drastically quieter and still kept everything cool enough.
>>
>>999471
What will be the practical difference between running the fan on 0,5A or 1,0A?

Thank you for your response.
>>
>>999430
Why not use an old cell phone charger ? I did that to run 2 fans in my entertainment center
>>
>>999540
None at all, the fan will only draw as much current as it needs.
The reason to use a 1A power supply is that either the fan or the power supply might be slightly out of spec causing it to either not run properly or causing a overload on the power supply.

It is also not recommended to run a power supply at 100% load all the time or you might run into overheating issues.
>>
>>999580
>>999471

Would a device listed in this pdf suffice? (I'd go with the RS-15-12 model)

http://www.produktinfo.conrad.com/datenblaetter/1200000-1299999/001297277-da-01-en-SNT_CASE_15W_12V_1_3A.pdf
>>
File: images.png (304 KB, 702x844) Image search: [Google]
images.png
304 KB, 702x844
>>999607
This is what the specifications page says. I highlighted the information concerning the model I plan on using.
>>
>>999610
Should be more than enough, actually it is probably way overkill for the job.
But that is almost never a bad thing.
>>
>>999617
Thank you kind anon

As a token of my appreciation, enjoy a majestic composition by Herbie Hancock:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=42wNF5kjWAU
>>
The meanwell from conrad will work, but is too expensive.
Just get the cheapest 12V wall wart you can find:
http://www.ebay.de/itm/EU-Stecker-12V-DC-1A-100V-240V-AC-Konverter-Netzteil-Ladegerat-Adapter-EY-/131747462439

And a female adapter:
http://www.ebay.de/itm/5050-3528-DC12V-Netzteil-Trafo-Adapter-SchnellVerbinder-Led-Streifen-Licht-/252086718218?var=&hash=item3ab18a0f0a:m:mfAelOPw-mXAHq9KivAtSvg
Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.