[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
First time on this board so be gentle. I need some cool ideas
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /diy/ - Do It yourself

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 4
File: room.png (398 KB, 1738x679) Image search: [Google]
room.png
398 KB, 1738x679
First time on this board so be gentle.

I need some cool ideas for a living/dinning room ceiling lamp, and for some reason I want to make it too.

I was thinking something like this or similar but I'm open to suggestions.

Additional info:
Room is quite small, about 4m by 5m.
Furniture is mostly very dark (dark brown).
Electricity source is at the center of the room.
I like those kind of light bulbs a lot.
>>
File: 1462273030281.png (1 MB, 1280x705) Image search: [Google]
1462273030281.png
1 MB, 1280x705
bulb
>>
plz

Have you a cool lamp idea lately?
Something interesting?

halp
>>
File: ledCOBbulbzzzz_h43ru34hr3.jpg (94 KB, 1018x700) Image search: [Google]
ledCOBbulbzzzz_h43ru34hr3.jpg
94 KB, 1018x700
>>997591
The antique-style bulbs do look nice but don't really put out a lot of light.

>>997612
>bulb
regular CFL and LED lights look like crap.

They do make "antique" LED bulbs, pic related. For some reason they are called LED COB bulbs; I dunno why exactly. Search for "vintage led cob bulb" and they show up.

They look kinda-sorta like the filament bulbs, but the LED ones only have short straight sections of fake-LED-filament. You can't get the long curvy filaments that you see in the real incandescent antique-style bulbs. The LED ones are also not the same color.

The main advantage of the LED COB ones is that the bulb envelopes come in different shapes that the incan ones don't come in.
>>
File: CobBulb.jpg (224 KB, 1000x1000) Image search: [Google]
CobBulb.jpg
224 KB, 1000x1000
>>997967
>LED COB bulbs; I dunno why exactly.

They use a large number of weakish LEDs arranged like the kernels on a cob of corn. Other bulbs are a small number of high power LEDs combined with diffusion.
>>
>>997994
>They use a large number of weakish LEDs arranged like the kernels on a cob of corn.
They don't look like that tho.
The COB LEDs look like a single piece of continuous yellow film when they're not lit.
If you focus the lit LED light with a lens, it looks like a yellow strip with blue dots along the middle.
So it's a bunch of typical white LEDS on one die, I guess.

I've got a couple penlights with these on them, I have to charge up the camera batteries to get a picture...
>>
>>997999
Well fuck it all, I gave up.
I tried to get a picture of the light pattern, but my digital camera could not do it.
It just gets a white splotch, where you can clearly see a row of blue dots down the middle of a yellow strip area.
Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.