[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Do these actually work and last for more then a few melts?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /diy/ - Do It yourself

Thread replies: 5
Thread images: 1
File: maxresdefault[6].jpg (236 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault[6].jpg
236 KB, 1920x1080
Do these actually work and last for more then a few melts?
>>
>>1023019
I have prefab one at home, been using it for the last 10 years, here in east europe they sell them for around $ 40 new, you can melt almost any metal with them, things like bronze are easy peasy and if you want to work with steel etc, still okeish it gets it pink hot, a lot of electricity consumption tho, which gets to the point that you are asking for the gas powered ones, that I have no experience with, but they will work for sure, its up to you to keep the maintenance right and take good care of it.
>>
>>1023019
why wouldn't they, the concept is the same as any other foundry you could make or buy
>>
>>1023050
>>1023049
Thanks, we are talking about thousand degree fires here so I wanted to be sure it was safe.
>>
>>1023019
I made one using the video and it works pretty well. I've melted a good amount of aluminum down. I have a hard time keeping the flame sometimes but I'm pretty sure it's just because I'm a tard.
Thread replies: 5
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.