[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Free samples of electrical components?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /diy/ - Do It yourself

Thread replies: 5
Thread images: 1
File: 1379894156132.png (573 KB, 500x681) Image search: [Google]
1379894156132.png
573 KB, 500x681
Hey /diy/, I was wondering if anyone had any experience with ordering samples of components online, like from Texas Instruments or other manufacturers. Do you need to be a part of a company, or do they just send to anyone who requests one?

I ask because I need to get a bunch of different components for testing reasons, but I'd rather not spend $3-$15 dollars for each one when I'm not sure which one I'll end up using in the end. I'm trying to replace some 7805 linear regulators with some switching regulators to cut down on heat. I thought about building a solution, but it would take a $4 chip anyways.

So does anyone here have experience with getting samples? Pic unrelated, I think.
>>
>>1022851
Different companies have different rules. TI actually tightened their rules a while ago because of beggars misused the samples service.
>>
>>1022851
I've ordered samples in the past. They won't ship you anything if you have a Gmail address. They have to believe that you work for a company that is considering incorporating their parts in to your product. If you have a private email address and you say that you are evaluating parts for a new design then they will likely send you 3 of whatever you want. Sometimes they have an online request form (I think Fairchild used to) and sometimes you have to email or call one of their sales reps.

It worked great for me when I was building a coil gun and needed some mosfets that were $7-$10 bucks each, and I only needed 3 of them. Just imply that you are a professional designer and thinking of specifying their parts in your product.
>>
>>1022855
>>1022856
Damn, I was worried about that. Guess I'll just bite the bullet and buy some 2574's. Thanks for the help folks.
>>
>>1022851
>>1022863
Sounds like you got your answer, but to confirm, yea I got 6 components free that would have been expensive, but yes used a company email.
Thread replies: 5
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.