[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Forex
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /diy/ - Do It yourself

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 2
File: keep-calm-trade-forex.png (451 KB, 600x700) Image search: [Google]
keep-calm-trade-forex.png
451 KB, 600x700
Hey, kinda new to 4chan so don't know if /diy/ is the right place for this.

Just finished high-school, planning on following medical career (6 years college in my country). A guy online talked to me about forex trading and that it could be profitable.
Worth the time spent on learning it? I could use some extra money.
Thnx in advance
>>
>>>/biz/
>forex - u gon git raped.
>>>/biz/
>>
>>1021831
That is >>>/biz/
Ill teach you how to build a table though
>>
>>1021831
You are on /diy/
>learn to make something people want to have
>make these things
>sell them to people

Trading is a bitch. You need to invest a lot of time and effort into it and in general
>the bank always wins!
>>
>>1021836
>>1021837
>>1021849
Thanks guys
>>
File: IMG_0087[1].jpg (2 MB, 4032x3024) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0087[1].jpg
2 MB, 4032x3024
>>1021837

>>1021876

sweet, and i'll teach him how to source and disassemble pallets in mass quantity, then turn them into doghouses to sell to wealth suburbanites for $$$$

i feel like this might be a really fun thread actually

okay, first of all, you need to find a lowes or home depot near you, go by when people are outside near the pallets, and tell them you are doing a project and would like to know if they have any broken or worn out pallets that you may have.

this makes you stand out from the cockmonglers who come through and steal perfectly good brand new 48x40 pallets or worse yet, the expensive blue ones.

i did this by accident because i really like weathered gray wood for building decorative shit for hipster twats.

you may have to talk to a manager. it helps if you've bought a bunch of stuff at that store, or walk your adorable fluffy puppy through it every week to improve it's socialization. the lowes manager likes my puppy.

now, one of the outdoors guys is going to be in charge of pallets, you'll know him because he will call them HIS pallets, this man is who you answer to on all fucking things when it comes to the pallets. make it clear that you are careful and respectful and just want to repurpose broken/worn out things, don't be too much of a beta suckup either of course, and you will never be banned from pallet hoarding.

it is very likely that he won't want you to take the good 48x40 pallets, ever. these ones get recycled and recycled over and over until they fall apart and then they get fixed and used some more.

unfortunately, these are the ones you will want the most- and you will be incorrect. they are parallelograms, you can't really use them as prefabricated building sections, it is a lot of work.

it is best to strip pallets down to their component parts, and then their overall dimensions won't matter as much.
>>
here is the second likely thing: he will encourage you to take oddball pallets even if they are brand new. wide ones, narrow ones, tiny ones that make great garden stepping stone tiles, etc.

you will also be opportuned to take things like empty spools for cable, random stakes and sticks, broken wood pieces, etc. don't go there every few days like a locust horde but try to start assembling a good stash of materials, everything you get for free is money in your pocket when you make something.

once you've got your load of pallets, go get a sawzall. i like the older milwaukee ones, check pawnshops. if it comes with an old style metal box, get that one for sure. check craigslist and ebay first to work out a sense of what to offer, you can usually offer 20-30% off at a pawnshop and they'll counter with 10-20% and you save sales tax and a little bit more, at least.

use a demolition blade and turn your pallets into stacks of flats and supports. this part is easy and fun. be mindful of the cut nails, they are full of tetanus.

now, i've taken apart pallets by shearing the nails with a prybar and a sledgehammer, pounding the prybar between the slats and the supports and shearing off the nails. it is VERY fun and very loud and you will look like a deranged blacksmith and your neighbors will hate you, but it will also damage slats frequently.

(the third option, prying the nails out, is fucking impossible and will make you question your life choices. the nail heads will bend and lose their flanges, becoming impossible to pull. it is suffering. don't even fucking bother trying to pry the nails out unless it's a brand new pallet and even then, not worth the time. they're soft metal cheap garbage screw-threaded kinda nails. they will not pry out without a horrible fight)
>>
alright now you're going to want to stack the wood somewhere and make sure it doesn't get nasty bugs crawling out of it, there's always the chance that one of the pallets was infested with termites or wood borers or some other exoskeletal menace. i've considered getting a junky chest freezer to drop pieces in, or building an oven to cure them in, but just putting them somewhere and watching them for a while will generally work. this is especially easy during winter, because the bugs die when frozen.

if you've followed my instructions, you have 3-4k of scrap wood that can now be 'repurposed' 'upcycled' 'reused' into whatever creation you want, make sure to hype those buzzwords so hipster fucks pay you the good money. get a staple shooting hitachi nailgun from the store or a pawnshop and use it to fasten everything together, the wood for pallets isn't total garbage, it's just the cheapest possible cuts. you can plane it, jointer it, and turn it into very nice looking wood, but unfortunately the nicer you make it look, the less recycled it looks, and the less hipsters will think it is awesome.
Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.