[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
front bumper bike rack
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /diy/ - Do It yourself

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 4
how much you reckon i would have to pay someone to weld this for me

if i provided and cut the steel and drilled the two holes myself

how much do you think they would charge if they cut the steel and did the measurements themselves?
>>
File: 1440882528176.jpg (185 KB, 855x565) Image search: [Google]
1440882528176.jpg
185 KB, 855x565
front bumper bike rack? that is dangerous and illegal.
>>
>>1021470
Tell us when you plan on driving and on what public roads so we can tell our loved ones to stay indoors.
>>
>>1021470
>reduced visibility
>reduced safety due to debris in case of accident
>home made so irregular so liability if you hurt anyone

Dude why don't you just throw it in the fucking trunk, why the hell would you even think about putting something on the front of a pickup, jesus christ.
>>
File: bikes-fairhurst.jpg (78 KB, 520x271) Image search: [Google]
bikes-fairhurst.jpg
78 KB, 520x271
1. i have a campershell on the back that i would not like blocked
2. are all the front racks i found on google images illegal?
>>
>>1021657
Have you considered putting them inside the camper while traveling
>>
>Have you considered putting them inside the camper while traveling
that is where i do keep it, (food & clothes to my right, bike to my left) but when i have guest over i have to move the bike out of the space which is really annoying if were going campsite/party hopping or pull over to do something real quick in the back.
>>
i should mention i live in this truck
>>
>>1021657
Yes, they are technically illegal. Bumpers on a vehicle are very specifically designed to cause as little damage as possible in the event that you run somebody over.

Anything that obscures this is illegal.

You will draw less attention with it being a camper, but any cop that wants to fuck you, can do, and will do.
>>
File: dumb-and-dumber-to-tv-spot.jpg (64 KB, 750x422) Image search: [Google]
dumb-and-dumber-to-tv-spot.jpg
64 KB, 750x422
Don't they have bike racks on the front of buses these days?
>>
Mount it to the back of the camper shell?
>>
>>1021657
>>1021740
In your jurisdiction maybe, but if it passes inspection it's legal in the USA. This includes out of state travel, as long as it complies with your states inspection laws.

In most southern states, as long as it does not obscure so much as to create a hazard it's legal. This is because bullbars on lifted trucks are a thing.

For example, the seat post being visible in the bottom of the windshield, or a 2 way antenna being in the drivers view is ok.

A bike wheel coming up into the visual field is not ok.

>Anything that obscures this is illegal.
Not really. only if it causes dangerous driving conditions.
Even then it's sometimes allowed in the US.
Take longhorns as a hood ornament for example.

In most of the US an officer cannot fine you for a violating vehicle, until you have been given re-inspection notice, after which you must pass an inspection within X days.
>>
>Yes, they are technically illegal.

Cite the law or piss off. Yes, really. I hate it when people make shit up. If you know for a fact something is illegal than you have SEEN THE FUCKING LAW. If I make a statement of legal fact I cite the law.

OP should visit local welding shops since prices vary and get quotes in person. Phone calls don't work for accurate quotes, so show up in person in that vehicle and be open to their suggestions since welders fab a LOT of oddball projects.
>>
>>1021657
>>1021932
You can literally call your local DPS any week day to ask them the rules on the books.

You can even email them with links asking about specific products.

That's where your tax dollars and registration fees go.
Why didn't you do that instead of asking 4chan.
You're literally going to get 0 answers that aren't either:
A: irrelevant because we don't know where you are

or

B: what anons think the law SHOULD be, and not what it actually is.
>>
>>1021657
>>1021671
Could likely also mount them to the back of the camper, if it isn't a rental.
>>
>>1021997
>campershell on the back that i would not like blocked
Not without blocking the back door.
Do you even RV?
>>
>>1022002
Not if it's mounted vertically. Do you even spatial reasoning?
>>
>>1022004
Getting the bikes on in that position would be an even bigger pain in the ass than a blocked door.

There's a reason most bike racks are horizontal, because bikes can be heavy and awkward af.
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.