[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
not sure if this is the right place, but i want to fix this by
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /diy/ - Do It yourself

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1
File: IMG_5397.png (785 KB, 640x1136) Image search: [Google]
IMG_5397.png
785 KB, 640x1136
not sure if this is the right place, but i want to fix this by myself rather than go to the apple store. Anyone know what is wrong (probably hinge related but i may be wrong) and how to fix it?

haven't found anyone with the same problem, just other hinge issues.

>pic related.
It's gone from around 130 degree bend to 180.
>>
>>1021148
sorry for the shitty picture quality.

Macbook Air early 2015 model.
>>
>>1021148
very easy fix, just bend it back
>>
>>1021152
bends all the way back whenever i put the laptop down.

it is bent out of place is what i'm trying to say
>>
>>1021154
JUST BEND IT BACK
>>
>>1021154
actually no i'm wrong.

It bends way farther back than it used to, as a result of me dropping it.
>>
>>1021155
h i n g e
i
n
g
e

it only bent a certain distance, and after dropping it, it bends farther back. Apple Support assured me that it does NOT bend that far back. so, if you'd like to stop being a queermo and give some decent advice, be it your own, or a website, that would be gr8/8
>>
>>1021159
what don't you just bend it back

why do you have to be difficult
>>
>>1021166
if it was like an aluminum can, i could bend it into place.

have you ever played with a gameboy? the hinge between the screen and controller, is the exact same as a macbook hinge. Once it bends too far, you can't get it normal again without reparation. you fucking aspie
>>
>>1021167
LIKE I SAID BEND IT BACK

what the fuck is preventing you doing that? literally just bend it back, if it is locked, then just bend it back anyway

JUST BEND IT BACK FUCK ME
>>
>>1021170
>autism

damn dude you're the epitome of absolute retardation
>>
>>1021174
Just bend it back honestly, tell us how it went
>>
>>1021148
Does it still work? Does it close?
>>
OP here.
I bent it back and everything is fine.
Thanks guize!
>>
>>1021159
>queermo

That might be a 2015 MacBook but you seem to be stuck in 2006.
>>
perfectly doable at (probably) a reasonable price with the right tiny screwdrivers anon, don't listen to these fags.

Can't be arsed to search more for you (especially since you didn't include your model number, but managed to give me the silly Apple-style 'early 2015') but here's a start: http://www.ebay.com/itm/New-Apple-Macbook-Air-A1534-12-Gold-LCD-Back-Cover-W-Hinge-613-01832-B-2015-/182048048898?hash=item2a62e8c702:g:kXUAAOSwu1VW3yLN

Obviously you don't want the whole thing, but in the second picture you can see the hinges at the bottom. I've never repaired an air, but plenty of other macbooks and I believe they come apart the same, i.e. take all the screws out from around the bottom edge. You should be able to see and work with the hinges from there pretty easy.

It might end up being easiest if you can't find just the hinges to buy the right back LCD cover for your laptop for a little more. It'll make the repair more straightforward too. YouTube and iFixit to see how other people do it, eBay and Google for the part.

Good luck.
>>
>>1021167
That's a game boy advance sp you fucking millennial. No wonder you can't bend it back, you probably got baby arms from spending all your time texting instead of throwing a ball around or climbing playscapes.
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.