[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I want to connect these two because I'm too lazy to buy
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /diy/ - Do It yourself

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3
I want to connect these two because I'm too lazy to buy a transformer.

Is it possible?
>>
What are the other ends connected to?

>Inb4 guitar and headphones
>>
>>1020964
amp and headphones

kek
>>
>>1020961
>i'm too lazy to buy a transformer.
A transformer has nothing to do with this.

Connect the tip of the 1/4 to the tip and the ring of the 3.5mm. Tip is left speaker, ring is right speaker.
Your guitar amp is mono, if you only connect one only one side of your headphones will work.

Then connect the sleeves of both together, which is just ground.

Do note that if you are trying to use a Line Out plug, you wont get much volume out of it.
>>
File: 1472374302_9e169daec4.jpg (29 KB, 419x317) Image search: [Google]
1472374302_9e169daec4.jpg
29 KB, 419x317
>>1020961
if you are not autistic this is all you need
>>
File: TRS diagram.jpg (28 KB, 413x586) Image search: [Google]
TRS diagram.jpg
28 KB, 413x586
>>1020961

>>1021935
Maybe this if you are still having a hard time
>>
Literally buy female connectors for both and then just solder them together
>>
>>1022092
At that point, the nigger could just buy an adapter for it. The whole reason for the thread was because he lives in the middle of nowhere and has no money
>>
>>1022107
dude it would cost like less than two dollars at almost any parts shop

>The whole reason for the thread was because he lives in the middle of nowhere and has no money
OP didn't say that, so you're obviously samefagging breh
You just said you were lazy, not that other stuff. Cut the crap
>>
>>1020961
Just go buy the adaptor dude, they're like five or ten bucks at most, probably cheaper than that even if you know where to look.
>>
>>1020961
alligator clips lmao
jesus christ /diy/ is dumb
>>
>>1020961
Just tie them together.
>>
>>1022172
What this guy said, just don't let the tips touch, because then its gay.
>>
W I R E N U T Z
I
R
E
N
U
T
Z
>>
>>1022249
>wirenut
Enjoy your housefire, americuck.
>>
>>1022344
Don't be jealous just because they don't make wirenuts in metric, anon. -_^
>>
>>1022388
fukn dubs rekt.
>>
>>1022344
If every shoddy headphone connection caused a fire we would lose 10% of our threads as op is died
>>
Get a few wire ties from bread bags or whatever. Clean the plastic off 1/2" of each end of them. Connect the things to the other things and test. If it works, drown that bitch in hot glue.
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.