[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Throttle body disassembly
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /diy/ - Do It yourself

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 2
File: IMG_2910.jpg (906 KB, 1793x1697) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2910.jpg
906 KB, 1793x1697
Hello /diy/
I have a throttle body that I want to disassembly because of reasons. Of course I want as less damage as possible.
Unfortunately all the levers seem to be brazed or welded to the both shafts.
Has anybody an idea how I can get the levers of the shafts without totally destroying the parts? Is there a good way to test if the parts are welded or brazed?
>>
File: IMG_2914.jpg (990 KB, 2389x1417) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2914.jpg
990 KB, 2389x1417
>>
>>1020751
I don't know, they don't look welded to me. Clean it up. If you can't figure out how it's fixed on, try dremel'ing it loose, then re-weld it. It'll work just fine if you do it right.
>>
i have taken apart any electronic throttle bodies

are you trying to rebuild it or harvest it for parts?
>>
Are there screws that hold on the throttle plate? It may be torx or philips, and if its the latter it will strip very easily. Heat it up, and use your freshest phillips screwdriver.
>>
The smaller shaft in the first pic has a circlip that is holding it in place. I can't see if the larger has one, maybe the ends are on the other side where we cant see. I doubt it's welded in but I'm pretty sure whatever fastener it has is on the outside end. Also pretty sure you will pull them out of the assembly they're in from the side of those gears.
Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.