[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
sup
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /diy/ - Do It yourself

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3
File: fuck this shit.jpg (1 MB, 2550x4200) Image search: [Google]
fuck this shit.jpg
1 MB, 2550x4200
Hey /diy/, I do not know where the hell post this so I'll do here.
This is my new room and is so depressing to be in such a small space, so I need your help to give me some recommendations on how to decorate or things or put things away.
>>
Brb, going to play harvest moon 64
>>
Computer in closet, bed to the right of the door so you have the lamp to read under, and ffs get that shelf somewhere not in front of a window.

Additional ideas include shag carpeting, disco ball, purple lightbulbs and tasteful nude art on the wall.
>>
The first glaring mistake is the cubby in front of the window. Get that moved somewhere else.

If the scene outside the window is decent, then put your workspace there if possible. Facing out a window while working increases productivity and mood.

Secondly, plants. Plants not only clean the air and regulate humidity, but they benefit mood.

Thirdly. You have a lot of unused space. Without a dimensioned layout, its hard to tell. But can your single bed fit against the entrance wall and closet wall? With the desk against the window youll have significantly more open space that isn't constrained by use items. In the open space put a bean bag chair or small comfortable chair to relax in.
>>
>>1020004.

Then I'd get rid of that cabinet by the window and replace it with shelves. That span from the wall to the interior wardrobe wall. Maybe get some laminate to cover that nasty ass floor. Or carpet if you wish.

Take out that light and put a nicer looking fixture there. http://www.ikea.com/gb/en/catalog/products/90175712/

Id paint it with neutrals, like grey or a greyish blue

http://www.amberth.co.uk/blog/wp-content/uploads/2012/09/eggshell-blue-walls-and-neutral-and-brick-orange-accessories.jpg
>>
>>1020014
the bed cant fit in that place, it blocks the closet doors, and there's not in the picture, but beside the closet there's some drawers.
But im considering the plants and remove the bookcase in front of the window
>>
I would put the desk under the window, maybe put a shelf high above the window for some extra storage for light things (towels, linens, etc), rotate bed in the corner if there is enough clearance to sit at the desk and get in and out, you can watch videos leaving the computer on the desk or look out the window. If you have a dresser, I would put it next to the bed and skip a nightstand (which I assume the desk stands in for now).

I would put shelving along the wall next to the door, if you want a secondary desk that would be a good place to put it, with shelves above. This would be a good crafts area, aside from lack of natural light, but the shelves put more storage immediately accessible.
>>
Hang a mirror, they give the illusion of a larger space
>>
>>1020014
>Plants not only clean the air and regulate humidity, but they benefit mood.
>they benefit mood.

Never had pets before? Cause my dog and cats knock over any plants spilling dirt everywhere and that sure as hell don't raise my mood in a postive way... Plants can stay outside.
>>
>Put a mirror on your closet door
>consider getting rid of bed and getting a Shiki futon and putting it on top of a sectional couch that can turn into a bed that goes into the corner
>put computer desk by the window or just get rid of it and put a chair there
>when not using shiki futon you now have a couch to watch TV and have friends over
>put 35" TV or computer monitor mounted in the corner where the lamp is
>put shelves above and right next to the TV, don't take up too much of the space in between the wall and the door
>put shelves in opposite corner high towards the ceiling, again not using much wall space
>put a small corner desk below the TV
>get rid of your cabinet or put it in the closet

All of your storage besides the previously mentioned shelves should be in your closet, if your closet is full you have way too many clothes for that living space.

Also where the fuck is your shower and bathroom?
>>
>>1020011
Good game bro, if you pick up a log in your field and hold it until dark the log stays lit up.
You should look into tiny house engineering. It's a huge deal these days full of lots of creativity. Your room would be an ideal space to try that kind of stuff. By the looks of it the room is as large as some tiny houses
>>
>>1020004
what program did you use to make this graphic?
>>
If you like plants, make sure you give them enough light. A mixture of cool and warm fluorescent tubes in a standard fixture propped up on cinderblocks is the ghetto way but it works. When I was living in a room like this, I bought SORAA full-spectrum LED bulbs, a current transformer, an extension cord with ground wire, and a bunch of electrical tape and spliced the whole mess together in series and in parallel, then barely suspended it over my plants with some flimsy wire and stacks of boxes on either side. I'm no scientist and I'm amazed it worked. The plants seemed fine with it.
>>
>>1020004

Is this a house, dorm, apartment? Also, what are the closet dimensions.
>>
File: Untitled.png (11 KB, 443x404) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
11 KB, 443x404
How about this OP?

>>1021823
I wanna know this too
>>
File: beds.jpg (202 KB, 673x1981) Image search: [Google]
beds.jpg
202 KB, 673x1981
A couple of options

Like another anon has said, get a bed you can fold up and put against a wall if you can. The bed takes up the most space out of everything you have. Arranging furniture properly goes a big way towards making a small room feel larger. Try to get as much clear space as you can when arranging it.

Lighter colours make a room feel larger, darker makes you feel more confined. If white is too plain for you, go for a pale colour.
>>
It's bad feng shui to face your bed toward the door.
>>
>>1022702
>>1021823

Not OP. Look into autodesk homestyler...either via their website or the chrome app. I remember I used to play with it lots. It was free then, there should be some demo or free option still available.
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.