[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
hi /diy/, i get an old handheld blowtorch used for brazin a/c
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /diy/ - Do It yourself

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 3
File: flame.jpg (518 KB, 1800x1348) Image search: [Google]
flame.jpg
518 KB, 1800x1348
hi /diy/, i get an old handheld blowtorch used for brazin a/c pipes, but is quite old and dysfunctional. principally cos the gas mixer was too oxidized etc...
the thing is, im planning to make a new mixer with a piece of cupronickel. but there are several of differents flameshapes i guess for difents uses like cooking, brazing, or just heating. and i dont know whats the best for melting things a large one or someone like the pic.
anyway why no blowtorch tread?
>>
>>1019640
that's the experimentation subjet
>>
>>1019641
that's the mixer. the center hole its outsized and the others dwarfed cos oxide
>>
You could check out lp/air torch heads like the classic turbotorch for inspiration. They are plentiful on Ebay but torches are interesting to play with. I rebuild torches to use and as a hobby.
>>
>>1020045
that's very interesting i found some nice ideas, thanks for the tip. ¿did you know if there are some book about it?
>>
>>1021010
There is a wonderful book about gas welding which also has lots of theory applicable to your interest.

You want a 1930s edition like this example from when OA was king:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/like/331889569597?lpid=82&chn=ps&ul_noapp=true

I understand you have an LP torch at the moment, but this stuff is well worth knowing for DIY.

You can find lots of useful books on https://archive.org/index.php for free download.
Spend some time there.
Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.