[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What's the best way to secure a hammock like pic related
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /diy/ - Do It yourself

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 7
File: large_indoor-hammock.jpg (85 KB, 580x410) Image search: [Google]
large_indoor-hammock.jpg
85 KB, 580x410
What's the best way to secure a hammock like pic related to the inside of a room in my house? It needs to support my weight (160lbs) and my fat girlfriends weight (180lbs).

Will large hooks drilled into the wall fuck up my studs or something when we both go in it?
>>
File: 2.png (4 KB, 477x303) Image search: [Google]
2.png
4 KB, 477x303
>>1019628
I'd say like pic related
And a diet for your gf
>>
File: Hammock-Stand.jpg (59 KB, 398x450) Image search: [Google]
Hammock-Stand.jpg
59 KB, 398x450
>>1019628
>Will large hooks drilled into the wall fuck up my studs or something when we both go in it?
Yes. Studs aren't made to take large lateral loads like that. With big enough hooks, it might not pull out immediately, but I'm guessing you don't want to use the hammock like it's made of eggshells.

So here's what you do: You make an independent frame to hold the hammock, one that's actually made to resist the forces involved. See pic related for a nicer example of such a frame. See how it's made of fairly large pieces of wood? You can use thinner pieces if you triangulate the high-stress areas (see Google for examples of this kind of frame). Or weld it from steel (well-designed, a steel frame could be lighter than a wood frame while being easily collapsible).
>>
I had friends who hung hammocks all in a room so multiples on one stud and it worked out fine. But the fattest person maybe weighed 160 so be cautious if you wanna hang together.
>>
>Hammock in a room in a house

Why even bother?
>>
>>1019679
Because its comfy shit for brains.
>>
File: 1449720463785.jpg (37 KB, 420x408) Image search: [Google]
1449720463785.jpg
37 KB, 420x408
>>1019628
180 fucking pounds? On a woman? Jesus H Fucking Christ that's huge. I understand guys get stuck with 300 pound literal moon sized people but you're obviously a manlet at 160lbs and like 5 foot 5 inches tall.

How are you not disgusted by not being able to wrap your arms all the way around her?

>pick related

Get a new GF. Fuck the hammock. Even though it has the word ham in it so I'm sure your GF wants one because of this.
>>
File: s115qw.jpg (12 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
s115qw.jpg
12 KB, 400x400
>>1019628
Should be fine if you mount a 2x4 across the top corner of your walls. Be sure to have cross at least 4 studs, one screw in each, followed by one screw above each stud screw into the header. Use chains to hang the hammock (the weakest point of this build needs to be the hammock!), mount the chains to your 2x4s with pic related. Fyi, there is literally an entire website devoted to hammocks called hammockforums.
>>
>>1019800

>160 lbs means you're a manlet

I dunno bruh. I am 165lbs at 5'11"and can bench 170lbs for 5 reps and I have not been to a gym, gone joggin or actually actively exercised for over 14 years.
>>
>>1019857
Sure you can you spooky skeleton
>>
>>1019897

I do look slim but not like Mr. Skeltal.

I am a labourer so I get all my excersise on the job so it is not like I can coordinate my workout for bulking or ripping
>>
>>1019800
Calm down.
You're acting like someone tried to bugger you with a rake.
>>
File: 1467532562394.jpg (172 KB, 1200x900) Image search: [Google]
1467532562394.jpg
172 KB, 1200x900
>>1019974
Fat defense force is out I see.
>>
>>1019857
I can bench much more than that
>>
>>1019985
but you are over reacting for a /diy thread.
>>
Check hammock forums for creative solutions,
>>
https://hammockforums.net/forum/content.php
>>
>>1019991

So can the worlds strongest man.
>>
>>1019991
>>1019857
Benching is the most impractical way to work out, and exercising in general is a retarded way to spend your time. You're better served to mix activity into daily routines so that you're staying active more, instead of bursts of high activity coupled with being a retard 24/7. Ever heard of a crossfit faggot with a PhD?
>>
>>1020479

Noticed how I said I haven't actively excersised for the last 14 years but can do a little something on a bench despite weighing as much as what that anon called "man let"
>>
>>1019857
>I can support my own body weight
>>
>>1020495
Absolutely. Size and weight do not determine maximum strength/killing power.
>>
>>1020479
>exercising in general is a retarded way to spend your time.

You sound either skinny fat or fat fat.

You can be physically fit with three hours of exercise a week if you know anything about nutrition and stick with a decent program you lazy faggot.

And benching is one of the big 3 compound lifts. It's not impractical, dingus
>>
>>1020552

Benching your own body weight is a high weight for that excersise. Bench presses aren't a commonly used natural motion and you'd be surprised how many regular looking people can't even do a pushup which requires significantly less strength than a bench press
>>
>>1020574
Listen here young lady, I'm a 6'4" 250lb steelworker. I literally hand bomb steel bars anywhere from 70-200 lbs all over the place all the time. I can lift my weight over my head, but nobody should ever need to because that's fucking stupid. Use a crane, use your head, use a buddy. Your brain is infinitely more important than your body (not you specifically). Yes I am fat, but I can also run 2k in 13 mins. I have figured out ways in 10 different occupations to stay fit without going to a gym or wasting my valuable time.
>>
>>1019628
Has anyone suggested making her sleep on the floor like a primative? Since you like sleeping in primative furniture. Also if you hook each end on separate trusses (studs in the ceiling) with 1/2 eyebolts you should be ok.
>>
File: 596416.jpg (14 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
596416.jpg
14 KB, 600x600
>>1020869
Also
http://www.farmandfleet.com/m/products/596416-hillman-1-2-lag-screw-thread-eye-bolt.html?feedsource=3&gclid=Cj0KEQjw5Ie8BRCJ9fHlr_bH24cBEiQAkoDQcQw_Ppt8SeouT8VHw9udaD9JvUd_mJY_ue1US-v0gZYaAieX8P8HAQ

They are like 1.99
>>
>>1020871
Just do not try and bang on it. People who sleep in hammocks shouldn't be allowed to have kids.
>>
>>1020874
Hammocks are very comfortable though. I commend your unorthodox ways OP
>>
>>1020769
A fucking real man right here, take notes grills
>>
>>1019628
Pre drill the holes to stop the 2x4s from splitting and Use eye hooks. I did this in my apartment and held my weight very well.
>>
>>1020769

>but I can also run 2k in 13 mins

That's not a good time. That's a brisk walk. You aren't even keeping an even jogging pace. I can run that in half that time, dude.

>10 different occupations to stay fit without going to a gym

all of which are vastly inferior to going to the gym

>wasting my valuable time

said the chunky bitch ironically spending his time shitposting on a Swahili stamp collecting chat room.

Some people like exercise. There are literally no downsides to being more fit. Proper weight lifting helps posture, corrects muscle imbalances, and reduces your chance of injury during all other physical activities.

Not to mention the benefits of cardio.

Just because you're a lazy fatty who's scared of the gym doesn't make people that understand the benefits retarded. Hell, back in college our powerlifting team had one of the highest GPAs of all of our clubs/teams.

Take a look at the person you've become and fix it.
>>
>>1021004
It's okay, I would defend myself like an autist too if I wasted so much of my time. Have a good life, meathead :-))
>>
5'9" and 115lbs all y'all tubs can't compete with skeletors apathy
Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.