[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Compressor parts
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /diy/ - Do It yourself

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 6
File: Honeyview_full view.jpg (164 KB, 800x450) Image search: [Google]
Honeyview_full view.jpg
164 KB, 800x450
Hey /diy/

I just got this old compressor from my grandfather, his neighbor just passed away and his family gave all of his tools to his friends.

Sanborn model # 34B50

Either way, I looked up the model and every picture I see of this compressor has a single-head pump, which leads me to believe someone along the way put this dual-head pump on it.

My issue:

It only reaches 60 psi, I think there's a leak somewhere, there's a component on top of the pump and I'm not sure what to call it, does anyone know the name of this piece? There are 2 ports on the pump which are missing tubing/hoses and I was wondering if that's the issue.

Thanks as always
>>
File: Honeyview_component.jpg (121 KB, 800x450) Image search: [Google]
Honeyview_component.jpg
121 KB, 800x450
>>1019491

Here's a closeup of the part, is it like a diaphragm of sorts?
>>
File: Honeyview_closeup.jpg (129 KB, 800x450) Image search: [Google]
Honeyview_closeup.jpg
129 KB, 800x450
>>1019491
>>1019492

And here's where the open barb fittings are, arrows to show air flow direction, it kind of sputters out where the red arrow is.
>>
>>1019491

Also, as a side note, I think the regulator knob is stuck, the square portion of the knob is missing and I can't get it to turn with a pair of pliers, would that limit the pressure on the gauge?
>>
File: broken-compressor-valve-plate.gif (138 KB, 575x398) Image search: [Google]
broken-compressor-valve-plate.gif
138 KB, 575x398
Take the heads off the pump
Normally when they start not building pressure its the reed valves are either dirty or broken
>>
>>1019491
i've never seen a old twin head like that before. no idea what those two ports are for.

make sure it has oil

inside the grey box with the lever there will be a screw that will allow you to set the stop pressure
>>
File: Honeyview_valves.jpg (164 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
Honeyview_valves.jpg
164 KB, 1280x720
>>1019512
>>1019517

Thanks for the responses.

I took the valve cover off and managed to take one of the "reeds" off.

Wiped it off, are they supposed to be bent like that?
>>
File: $_35.jpg (21 KB, 300x225) Image search: [Google]
$_35.jpg
21 KB, 300x225
>>1019494
could this be an old repurposed reefer compressor?
searching reefer compressor gives me something kind of close to what you have
>>
>>1019535

Yeah it has a v block and that same diaphragm mount on the front and side. Could be. No markings on it.
Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.