[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Omnidirectional tredmill
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /diy/ - Do It yourself

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 2
I'm building a motion captive system for vr and need ideas for sensors and ways to rotate while still being held in place. So I have seen all the other motion tracking system and am not willing to pay $500+.
>>
Are you an expert at electronics, embedded systems, control theory, and machine learning? If not, are you willing to pay $500 after you fail at doing your own thing?
>>
>>1019146
It looks like you are building the system from "Lawnmower Maintenance & Postnatal Care"
>>
>>1019146
Instead of a treadmill, use cables to lift you by your center of gravity and measure your movement with regular motion sensors.
>>
>>1019256
Have you ever hung in a climbing harness for more than ten minutes or so? Even a well-fitted harness gets pretty uncomfortable, you'd spin around as you moved, and it would feel wrong.
>>
>>1019146
You will pay well over 500 dollars to get a project like this off the ground, I guarantee you.
>>
File: hmster.jpg (28 KB, 635x310) Image search: [Google]
hmster.jpg
28 KB, 635x310
>>1019146
You mean like a human hamster ball but stationary wrt to the surrounding? Already been done.
>>
>>1019751
Useless until we get wireless headsets.
Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.