[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So I'm putting in a concrete gutter and I want to know how
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /diy/ - Do It yourself

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2
So I'm putting in a concrete gutter and I want to know how can I make the concave shape. My plan atm is either to take a trowel and shape it or to cut some pvc in half and lay it on top to form the concave shape
>>
Does pvc sink in concrete?
>>
>>1019108
Laborers form it after they pour the general shape of the concrete. Make sure your forms can hold and try not to fuck up.
>>
>>1019109
No. As concrete sinks and tries to level it will lift the PVC unless it is also filled.

>>1019108
Why cut pipe in half? Buy a length of PVC guttering and use that. Dig your trench, drop the pvc in and pour concrete in around it. You will have to span timber over it to stop it from lifting. Make sure you use a relatively wet mix to fill all voids.
>>
>>1019108
Make sure the conc you get isn't too wet. Most trucks bring it to you a little dry, but don't be tempted to add too much water.

You can get trowels that make this shape, but you can do it with just a flat float if you've only got a little bit to do.

Hiring a concreter isn't a bad idea to do your trowelling though. If you can do all the formwork and steel tieing yourself, getting one guy for a morning won't break the bank.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N7Fl0g64Y8s
>>
>>1019136
It needs to divert water on the surface
>>
>>1019121
They're only pouring
>>
>>1019108
Don't forget to do something cool like emboss your name onto the pvc pipe, or maybe some schway logo.
>>1019136
I'd your just want a simple gutter, don't cut the pvc, draw a line down the side, fill up to the line. If you cut it, you end up with concrete over the edge, bad shape.

However if you want a complex shape with convex bits like your picture, maybe make a mould, with the top shape at the bottom, and then lay as bricks.
>>
>>1019148
Are you asking or telling? Was I to presume it has another purpose?
>>
File: download (1).jpg (11 KB, 259x194) Image search: [Google]
download (1).jpg
11 KB, 259x194
>>1019181
Nvm I misunderstood. I thought you were talking about this. But laying pvc on top and then putting some wood over it would get the shape I need?
>>
>>1019272
It will come out liie shit
>>
>>1019289
Why?
>>
Image search "precast concrete forms". You can do it. I wouldn't pour in place, I'd make sections. If you fuck one up, don't use that section.
>>
>>1019289

It won't if you do it right. I've done it many times before.
>>
Just an update I guess incase anyone cares the pvc thing doesn't work very well...
>>
>>1020096
That sucks. Well time to sledge hammer it...

Also didn't we have this thread sometime last year?? I swear. And im not reffering to the guy who posted the crosswalk/ gutter ramp thing between the parking lot and his schools track...
>>
>>1020097
Not me I wish I'd seen that thread now tho
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.