[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
please help im really fucking sick and i clogged my toilet. In
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /diy/ - Do It yourself

Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 4
File: liquis plumber.png (180 KB, 244x419) Image search: [Google]
liquis plumber.png
180 KB, 244x419
please help
im really fucking sick and i clogged my toilet. In any other situation i would use the plunger but i barely have the strenght to stand up.
I have nobody to call for help so i bought some liquid plumber shit, only thing in the store thing is its designed for sinks, it states dump half the bottle wait 15 minutes and apply hot water, repeat if necesary, it removes grease, hair and other organics.
Is this safe for my toilet? should i apply less than half the bottle?
all i want to do is take a shit and sleep for two days
pic not related
>>
>>1019027
You are too sick to use a plunger so Instead you go to the store and make a thread. Your fucking dumb.
>>
>>1019030
i dont understand, please help or i will soil myself and sleep on my own shit because i dont have any alternative
>>
Odd are it's lye, you don't want to put that in a toilet. It will generate heat and can crack the porcelain, plus there is a splash danger (you think you feel like shit /now/ add in some nice chemical burns).

Plunger or snake is the way to go.
>>
>>1019034
i donthave any alternatives, maybe just a tiny bit? it says its ok for plastic
>>
>>1019034
>y
it says sodium hydroclorite 5,6%

sodium hydroxide 1,8%
sufracant, hidrotops, anti corrosives
half a bottle for 15 minutes, wash away with hot water
>>
>>1019035
>>1019037
That sounds more like bleach than drain cleaner. The sodium hydroxide is the lye (which is used in chlorine bleach to stabilize the sodium hydoclorite so it doesn't just belch out all of Cl2 gas).

If it works, it works, but if it doesn't you now have to contend with not just what's there now, but corrosives in your toilet.
>>
>>1019040
ok, here is what i do
i go tomorrow to the hardware store, stores are in the same block as i live.
What do i ask for?
besides something to remove shit stains
>>
Put washing up liquid down your toilet,then a bucket of hot water,I forgot if your in the USA so if that's the case try to take out some of the water that's already in because you guys have the water level at high for some weird reason anyway good luck
>>
Just fucking flush it, wait the ten minutes or so for the water level to sink back to normal, then flush it again. It'll clear in 2-3 flushes. Or use the fucking plunger, you aspie retard.
>>
>>1019042
How clogged? This a chronic issue or just a result of one-time abuse?

Chemical decloggers are designed for cases where you have a build up of (normally) fatty deposits from either bathing or dishes. You /can/ dissolve paper, but cellulose is hard to break down.

For a toilet, either a plunger or a toilet auger/snake are your best bets for a total clog.

If it is draining slowly and this has been a ongoing issue, you might have an problem further down the drain line, at that point consult a plumber.
>>
>>1019048
its the third time it happened in trwo years, second one was hell tho
im too sick man, its not draining at all. I did shit in it again after clogging tho
>>
>>1019052
Get a drill,attach a bunch of coat hangers shaped like a whisk and try that with the hot water and dish soap
>>
>>1019065
Ok, I'm not proud of myself but I just pooped there again, the toilet is now holding 3 poops and two wipes
>>
>>1019078
aaaaaaand i think its leaking fuck
well im going to sleep, i hope i still have a home tomorrow
>>
using a coat hanger in a drill isn't a terrible idea....as long as the end is bent over
>>
>>1019078
>3 poops and two wipes
3 ≠ 2
>>
>>1019092
I thrower the poop papper into a bag
I'm officially so sick I'm hoarding poop
>>
Fill a big bowl full of hot water some laundry detergent, shampoo, or dish soap up and pour it in there. Leave it sit. Works. Promise
>>
what the hell am i reading
>>
>>1019030
>>1019129
Smartest people on this thread!!!
>>
>>1019031
1/10 bait

Apply yourself.
>>
Shit in the shower
>>
>>1019112

I had a similar emergency experience last year. Can confirm that surprisingly dish soap/shampoo/conditioner along with hot - not boiling - water works. Doesn't work quickly, cost a bottle of shampoo and I needed to give it a poke with a coathanger, but it did the job where the coathanger and half an afternoon plunging had failed.

After the clog has passed, shampoo and hot water the toilet once a week for a couple months, just to help it move all the way to the sewer and not just clog further down and happen again in a months time.
>>
Since there's already a thread about toilets, I have a question. The lift arm in my toilet tank broke. Should I use tape or a rubber band to put it back together? Or do I really need to go buy a new one?
>>
>>1019078
Don't flush wipes. It facilitates fat build up in plumbing.
>>
>>1019027
If you are really thay sick just shit in the shower if its liquid.
>>
>>1019746
even if its not liquid, you can lazer it in half with either piss or the shower head until its small enough to go down the drain.

or just shit in a plastic bag/bottle, like that liquid plumber bottle
>>
>>1019159
this
wash it down, wash your ass, dry off, fix the toilet when you're better
or you know, use the plunger since you can both stand up and walk
>>
and stop putting toilet paper in it
>>
>>1019027
What ever you do DO NOT put hot water in the toilet. You could potentially melt the wax sealing ring and have toilet water all over the floor
>>
>>1019027
Just shit in the shower
>>
>>1019680
You should probably buy a new one if you're not confident you can fix it. A faulty bobber/arm can result in a constantly running toilet.
>>
>>1019031
Shit in the trash can then. Jesus. Fix it when you are well enough to do so. Or just not be a pussy and do it now
>>
Sounds like you might need the Green Gobbler.

Video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LLbgtZIB27s

I saw this product at Home Depot the other day, and looks like it might be appropriate for your situation.
>>
Not exactly the most brilliant person here but you can compost your shit. You drag out a home depot bucket, shit in it, add TP, and theoretically add sawdust to neutralize the smell, (or just add a bunch of TP if you don't have any) build it up in layers, then take it out and put it in a "hot" compost pile (layers of straw and kitchen waste) then let it rot there for three years. Get better OP
>>
Go back to the store
Buy a bucket and a sack of lime

If you are really desperate for a good shit then squat, shit, lime and toughen up.

Or since you are so energetic just go to the store to shit.
>>
File: auger_diagram.jpg (178 KB, 460x747) Image search: [Google]
auger_diagram.jpg
178 KB, 460x747
don't waste your time with liquids get a toilet auger
>>
File: block-6.jpg (11 KB, 450x222) Image search: [Google]
block-6.jpg
11 KB, 450x222
>>1023400
if that's too short get a plumbers auger (or snake)
>>
>>1023401
I bought one of these, used it, and then returned it to the store afterwards.
>>
>>1023403
nig
Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.