[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hey I just picked up an Adult Trike like the one pictured. It
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /diy/ - Do It yourself

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 3
File: pic_trikestl.jpg (35 KB, 500x350) Image search: [Google]
pic_trikestl.jpg
35 KB, 500x350
Hey I just picked up an Adult Trike like the one pictured.

It currently has a basket that's 21 inches wide and 15 inches long.

I am currently looking for a box to ad a cooler esthetic feel to the bike and be a bit more secure for cargo.

The problem is that it's hard to google containers by measurements and it can be longer but needs to be about 21 inches wide because that's the measurement that goes between the rear wheels.

Also I need to keep the weight down so the container needs to be light as possible.

I have thought about simply fabricating something but I live in a small apartment and don't really have a lot of tools!
>>
>>1018965
>Go to hardware store
>Measure toolboxes
>>
>>1018965
You are probably looking at using a 24 litre cooler, most of those tend to be about 16"x16"x10" (H, W, D), there will be some minor variation between brands but you should be safe enough with a 24.

>>1018969 Thread, this is probably the best way to do it.
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (84 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
84 KB, 1280x720
>>1018965
This you OP ?
>>
I would just go check at a store for a container that looks like it would suit your needs. Or I don't know, use like literally anything until you find anything else that works better.
>>
>>1019508
Oh my god fuck off back to /pol/.
There are plenty of reasons people use adult tricycles.
>>
Bungee straps on the existing basket?
>>
File: 1437633814765.jpg (687 KB, 1000x1333) Image search: [Google]
1437633814765.jpg
687 KB, 1000x1333
>>1018965
A picnic basket might be what you're looking for, they're meant to hold a lot of stuff and be light weight. Check out some place like hobby lobby or something.
>>
Do the hood thing. Milk crate, bungee cords, golf kart battery, car stereo, and maybe flashing lights. ride around with a 40 of steel reserve bumping ot genasys.

Really op I'm kinda jealous, I've wanted an adult trike for like 10 years now so ì could do some ignorant shit with it, I just can't justify the cost for something I may never use, especially when I've got a bike and car already and a half dozen projects on going.

You could always use steel tube, a pipe bender and a welder to make a cage to hold a cooler then finish it to match the trike.

You could easily construct something out of wood or metal. Sleep on it, an idea will come. Get your shine on.
Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.