[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Pottery furnance
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /diy/ - Do It yourself

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 3
File: Firing.jpg (15 KB, 288x445) Image search: [Google]
Firing.jpg
15 KB, 288x445
Hi Anons

Shortly:

I want to fullfill my Girl's dream and let her do her own pottery.
I have expierience with wielding and smithing, and my Father's wielding workshop so tools are not the problem.

And the question is:
Anons, can you help me and give me the tips how to make a simple and cheap one?

I will deliver photos after i'm done.
>>
>>1018339
How large does it need to be and what cone will the temps go up to? Those are the most important factors to start with.
>>
>>1018343
Oh and what fuel/heat source?
>>
File: barrel jpg.jpg (46 KB, 357x327) Image search: [Google]
barrel jpg.jpg
46 KB, 357x327
I thinking abut making it from a 100L barrel so ~1m hight and ~0.5 m wide.

THe natural gas is a cheapiest i think.

the temp, from what i know is to aroud 1000-1200 C
>>
>>1018346
up
>>
refractory cement and pearlite can be used to coat the inside but its heavy and can crack.

you might be able to find some furnace insulation pretty cheap. it looks like really coarse, white fiberglass.

then just buy a propane jet from tractor supply or amazon and youre set.

https://www.amazon.com/Goede-Stainless-Steel-foundry-Burner/dp/B01ASNYP5O
>>
File: durr.jpg (185 KB, 1280x850) Image search: [Google]
durr.jpg
185 KB, 1280x850
>>1018339
>wielding workshop
Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.