[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Looking for some recommendations when it comes to gas masks.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /diy/ - Do It yourself

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 2
File: 1466740628234.jpg (176 KB, 806x806) Image search: [Google]
1466740628234.jpg
176 KB, 806x806
Looking for some recommendations when it comes to gas masks. I know there are a good deal of surplus Israeli and soviet Russian varieties, probably some mixed in that didn't meet tolerances, but that's about it. Obviously I'd like something reliable either with easily available filters, or standardized modern sockets.

After dealing with some asbestos the other day, and that stuff used for walls that turns into a strong base when it contacts water, decided I ought to get something. Might as well go a bit further than a respirator.
>>
>>1017775
>>
>>1017775
Its a rock it isn't phosgene gas
>>
>>1017778
I don't follow. I ate a lot of kava earlier and am having difficulty turning thought to sentences. I'm sure people around here work on projects where they can't avoid generating vapors or some fine particulate shit they don't want in their lungs.
>>
>>1017781
Yeah they save their money by getting a respirator,not a liquidated government asset.

You're trying to set a brad nail with a sledgehammer here.
>>
>>1017783
Summary of my life.
>>
Most surplus masks like the Soviet ones are well past there use by's
The latex degrades over time and the canisters get less useful over time, except the activated charcoal as long as it remained completely sealed. Not mentioning how needlessly restricted your vision will be
As pointed out and often said on this site, use the right tool for the job, you or your employer need to get a respirator whilst you're working on dusty environments
>>
>>1017781
And they get the relatively cheap 3m half mask with the proper filters that does the job exceptionally.

Seriously, for $30 you can get a great mask and a set of cartridges.
Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.