[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Painting the wooden ceiling
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /diy/ - Do It yourself

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 4
File: WP_20160416_15_24_28_Pro.jpg (788 KB, 2592x1456) Image search: [Google]
WP_20160416_15_24_28_Pro.jpg
788 KB, 2592x1456
I need your help with what should I do with it. My room is too dark and I prefer the brighter light in my room than what it is currently. So I've been thinking about painting that dark wooden ceiling into the white or light grayish color. English is my 3rd language so I don't know how this type of ceiling is called or that shit that supports the roof. Anyway that straight wood that supports the roof would be painted in dark oak color, and the rest would be in light grayish color.
Do I need to sand it down or not? The ceiling wasn't touched for over 30 years, since it was built. There is no polishing thing on it, the wood don't have the feel of being smooth or something.
I would like to keep the look of the wood, I want the texture of wood to be visible!!
If you have any idea how to improve the idea, just tell, I'm open to all the ideas and help is needed! Thank you in advance very much!
Also, don't get me on the bulb shit not working, it literally died 2 days ago, and I was nowhere near some shop to get new one.
>>
File: IMG-20160704-WA0000.jpg (214 KB, 1600x1200) Image search: [Google]
IMG-20160704-WA0000.jpg
214 KB, 1600x1200
Phone is fucking with me, this is wrong picture
Here you go, right one
>>
>>1017709
that's a very nice wood finish, to paint over it would be a travesty.
>>
File: contemporary-kids[1].jpg (93 KB, 640x426) Image search: [Google]
contemporary-kids[1].jpg
93 KB, 640x426
II agree with >>1017721, don't paint that.

Do something like picture related to brighten the ceiling up. If you don't like it reversible and a lot less work.
>>
>>1017709
Give it a quick hand sanding if you want and wipe off any dust. I can't imagine you'll have any trouble with regular emulsion paint sticking to it.
Also it's they're only spruce lats. No big deal if they're painted.
Go for it.
>>
File: Screenshot_20160704-154650.png (2 MB, 1080x1920) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20160704-154650.png
2 MB, 1080x1920
>>1017722
I wont put blanket on the ceiling that will hold nest for fucking moskitos or any flying shitsin that matter.
>>1017805
Thanks, what about the color, what do you think, what finish will suit more? I have white table with black glass on it, light grayish bed, only the closet is in cherry wood color. I was thinking something about this would suit the best but I'm open for anything
>>
Sand it down, wipe the dust off and shit.

Get a good quality trade paint and add some water so its thinn and put it on. Put some plastic backed sheets down or tarp or whatever cuz itl go everywere cuz its thin. Thatl keep the grain effect
>>
>>1017704
>don't get me on the bulb shit not working..
..non-working bulb is the very, very least of that fucking things problems. Thats an fucking atrocity lamp dude, srsly.

Id agree with above anon, go thin layers, till you happy - is too dark 4 ceiling, but don t need to be thick brilliant whoite either. And change that fucking lamp, erco track in middle or something, you can swap lamps, repostion, bounce off the ceiling, whatever - but, just throw that fucker away.
Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.