[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
this is why we don't have fireworks threads
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /diy/ - Do It yourself

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2
File: ouch.jpg (290 KB, 3049x2032) Image search: [Google]
ouch.jpg
290 KB, 3049x2032
http://nypost.com/2016/07/03/man-loses-foot-after-stepping-on-possible-firework-in-central-park/

A college kid had his foot blown off in Central Park on Sunday after stepping on a homemade firecracker, officials said.

“It was a homemade device. They probably tried to light it on Friday night, but it didn’t go off because of the rain,” a source said. “[Investigators] found wet matches near it. It probably just went off because of the friction of him stepping on it.”

Murphy said that when he walked up on the scene, Golden was lying on the ground — his foot completely missing below the ankle. Despite this, he managed to somehow stay alert until EMS arrived.
seriously, that is pretty effed up....if you're going to be stupid and mess with explosives (yes, I have), why would you leave it out like that instead of disposing of it properly
>>
>>1017538
He didn't lose it, I see it in the pic. Fake story.
>>
>>1017538
Just a prank, bro!
>>
>>1017543
alt angle:
https://thenypost.files.wordpress.com/2016/07/centralpark.jpg

I wouldn't be surprised if he did and they just stuck it back in there till they got him to the hospital
>>
>>1017548
according to cnn "Teen's foot appeared all but detached"

so it might have just been mostly blown off
>>
>wow my firework didnt go off
>BETTER STOMP ON IT LOL
>>
File: uuuuuuuuugh.jpg (82 KB, 680x680) Image search: [Google]
uuuuuuuuugh.jpg
82 KB, 680x680
>>1017538
>>1017548
>>
>>1017553
to be fair, the guy claims they had nothing to do with it

I have a hard time believing that even if he did know who made it, he'd be stupid enough to intentionally step on a failed explosive
>>
>>1017558
> he'd be stupid enough to intentionally step on a failed explosive

Because of course, home-made ones have "EXPLOSIVE" warnings on them?

Tell me, how do you miraculously know that a bit of cardboard tube, or some other object that you might decide to step on, is actually something else?
>>
>>1017564
if he knew who made it or was involved in any way, he would have known it could explode
>>
I've made TATP, ANFO, and black powder with out even burning my arm hairs. I even nitrate paper for black powder rifles.

A little safety precaution goes a long way.
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.