[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So I'm sick of bottling my homebrew and want to cut down
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /diy/ - Do It yourself

Thread replies: 5
Thread images: 1
File: keg.jpg (53 KB, 370x500) Image search: [Google]
keg.jpg
53 KB, 370x500
So I'm sick of bottling my homebrew and want to cut down or eliminate bottling by switching to a keg. Few small problems though. I have a minifridge floating around but it is too short to fit a standard 5 gallon keg. There are 3 gallon kegs available brand new but they're like 30 dollars more. But they're more portable, would fit in my fridge, and while it wouldnt eliminate bottling, it would significantly reduce the amount I need to do. So brewfags, is it worth buying the 3 gallon now and a 5 gallon when I can afford to upgrade the cooler or just buy the 5 and figure out another way to keep the big bastard cold?
>>
get a job so you don't sweat 30 dollars
>>
>>1017535
Well it'll be more than 30 because I would have to buy a bigger mini fridge. so more like 170 bucks or so.
>>
Get a standard keg, buy an old chest freezer off craigslist or wherever for mad cheap, make a keezer, never bottle again. Also depending on the size of your freezer you can add more kegs later when you have the money if you decide to ever make larger or multiple batches.
>>
>>1017569
this if you have the room.
or buy a used mini fridge that fits a 20L keg,.
everything homebrew is done in 20L batches more or less so dont fuck yourself over because youre too cheap to do it right. trust me,. i have 8 taps currently, 2 on a minifridge i added a collar onto that fits 2 20L and a chest freezer with 6 taps that fits 6 20L
Thread replies: 5
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.