[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I bought this house (built in the 1920s) and the stone patio
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /diy/ - Do It yourself

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3
File: IMG_20160703_165413725.jpg (2 MB, 1456x2592) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160703_165413725.jpg
2 MB, 1456x2592
I bought this house (built in the 1920s) and the stone patio in back is crumbling.

How would you go about fixing this?
>>
File: IMG_20160703_165428081.jpg (2 MB, 2592x1456) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160703_165428081.jpg
2 MB, 2592x1456
Here's another picture showing the extent of the crumbling.
>>
>>1017477
>>1017479
How deep does it go? If you used a wire brush to remove the loose stuff would it just keep coming off and coming off or does it get down to some 'good' concrete?
>>
>>1017481
There does seem to be some part where the concrete is still stable. It appears to be four or five inches in at the most.
>>
>>1017477
Jack hammer it until you find solid rete
stick a few rebar dowels into the old stuff
make a form around it and pour some new stuff
>>
File: hadrians-wall.jpg (197 KB, 1440x750) Image search: [Google]
hadrians-wall.jpg
197 KB, 1440x750
>stone
>>
>>1017495
Even stone suffers from weathering and water damage.
>>
>>1017501
>even stone suffers
>can't tell stone from concrete
>>
Just put more concrete on it, smash it up n make a new one or leave it
>>
>>1017477
>bought this house
You mean you borrowed money from the bank so you willingly submitted yourself into a form of slavery with the banks.
Congrats OP, you screwed it up.
>>
>>1019038
Remember, you won't be 16 years old forever.
>>
>>1019064
exercising your right to trade in freedom for convenience is a sign of maturity, what do them kids know anyway
>>
>>1019068
>Fake money anyway
>Government subsidies
>Volunterring for 'slavery'
>Could just declare bankruptcy and keep his house.
Dude. Not paying taxes on a mortgage is just leaving money on the table. They are going to take everything you earn anyway, and everything is up in the air during zombies anyway. You may as well have a comfy house.

The problem isn't entering into a voluntary loan with the bank, the problem is the government shooting your dog and dragging you off to prison for whatever they feel like, we don't even need a reason.

sage for wtf trolling.
>>
>>1019038
What are you going to do when you're 80 and have no home to die in?

Move into an old people prison and have you belongings looted by those their to care for you?
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.