[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Looking for the best plants that can be indoors preferably that
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /diy/ - Do It yourself

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3
File: images (10).jpg (26 KB, 570x258) Image search: [Google]
images (10).jpg
26 KB, 570x258
Looking for the best plants that can be indoors preferably that can provide a great smell.
>>
1. >>>/an/
2. I like peace lilies, they do really well indoors and clean the air
>>
>>1015364
Spider plants, philodendrans, mother-in-law tongue, parlor ivy, and parlor palms all do very well inside.

I have a philodendran my grandmother gave me when I got my first apartment. It started out as three 6 or 8 inch vines.

Twenty years later I have hundreds of feet of vines wrapping around my living room, kitchen, bedrooms, bathroom and basement.

Spring, summer, fall, winter my house is a stable level of humidity.

I've also noticed that the air quality is amazing. When I've painted, or stained anything in the kitchen the smell is gone much quicker in the house than if I do it in my garage. When i painted four years ago the paint smell was gone from the house days before the garage was clear.

My philos are awesome I water them about every other week and they thrive. The ones in the bathroom don't even have a pot. They're just loose vines hanging from hooks around the perimeter of the ceiling. They also grow the fastest from the skylight. The pot was cut away during a remodel and the vines were left in place to die. Still waiting six years on for that to happen.
>>
>>1015398
Could you maybe post some pics?
>>
Yeah post some some pics sounds awesome, like for some storybook tale.
>>
File: jerry.jpg (30 KB, 534x712) Image search: [Google]
jerry.jpg
30 KB, 534x712
>>1015364
Bio-luminescent plants (or Glowing Plants)

Buy one of those Wifi, multi-color light bulb fixtures and some Jellyfish for extra A E ST H E T I C S
>>
>>1015398
Holy shit. Need to see this!
>>
>>1015385
plants are not animals, they belong to their own kingdom
>>
>>1015364
>a great smell

there are varieties of mint that smell like Andes chocolates
>>
>>1015398
Post pics you liar
>>
>>1015385

Peace Lilies are amazing. I have one. They're one of the top rated plants by NASA for air purification, and they only require watering once a week. My room is a dungeon as well and I barely ever let light come in, but Peace Lilies only need minimal exposure to light to thrive.

You can't kill a peace lily unless you are trying really hard to make sure it dies.
>>
>>1015364
Mint. Grows very easy
>>
>>1015364
i like crotons they look awesome
>>
>>1015364
I have strawberries on my windowsill - when fruiting they smell awesome.
>>
File: P1150989.jpg (98 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
P1150989.jpg
98 KB, 1024x768
>>1018590
White peace lily more vigorous and leafy (thus more filtering) than the red peace lily.

Scented houseplants are rare and most bloom on very rare ocassion (Dracaena and Sanseviera have very intoxicating scents). You can try Eucharis (pic related) which, although still rarely flowers, has more potential.

For a scented quick fix, try a Sharry Baby orchid from Trader Joe's for around $12. Most people say it smells like chocolate but I think it's more like vanilla cake batter.
>>
Star Jasmine (Trachelospermum) can be grown indoors for a good few years then planted outside. The scent is incredible.
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.