[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So /diy/, i have some plans, and want to create a few things.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /diy/ - Do It yourself

Thread replies: 4
Thread images: 2
File: 20140831211554_57478[1].jpg (86 KB, 750x750) Image search: [Google]
20140831211554_57478[1].jpg
86 KB, 750x750
So /diy/, i have some plans, and want to create a few things. Maybe even eventually sell it.

But alas, it would require some home made or at least custom made bottles. And i have no clue how to make molds for glass, or how to even approach this.

And if you try to google that, you only get shitty reddit tier how to make a glass out of your wine bottle instructions.

Any tips on how to approach this? Also the design of the custom pieces would be a really simple tube , with only a few indents on the bottom.
>>
Occasionally we get the glassblowing thread up.

Otherwise, there are videos showing how bottles and whatnot are manufactured en masse. If you want a skill, get onto glassblowing. You will learn a lot, and you might have to look a bit hard to find people who teach or do classes. Wherever you may be, take a look. Usually they're worth it as long as you enjoy it. Generally glassblowers know how to get certain parts into the right places, but more complex shapes require a little thinking. There was one episode of How it's Made on glassblowers making decor en masse, and that might give you an idea of what's involved.

I'm no glassblower, but that may be your best bet. If you take this as a gimmick, you might not recover from the initial costs.
>>
File: glass.jpg (12 KB, 398x653) Image search: [Google]
glass.jpg
12 KB, 398x653
>>1014911

Oh man, i feared it would not be as easy. I guess i could ask around a bit, but yea, it was more of a gimmick project. The glasses i would make would be of the shape in the picture. So its really darn simple. But damn glass cant be as easy to pour into molds like other things.
>>
>>1014911
>one episode of How it's Made on glassblowers making decor en masse

You reminded me that this exists

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aLS7--ZLCoI
Thread replies: 4
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.