[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hydraulic Seal Replacement
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /diy/ - Do It yourself

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1
File: Seal_C.jpg (343 KB, 2560x1319) Image search: [Google]
Seal_C.jpg
343 KB, 2560x1319
I need to replace the seals on the end of a hydraulic piston ( from a 4 ton porta pack type bending kit ). I can't find a parts list or manual for this kit. They seem to be a standard size and type - I.D. 3/4" O.D. 1 1/8" Vee type. I don't know what material to look for or if I should just buy a 'replacement set'. They seem to be 3 different plastics capped by a special steel washer and a bronze ring.

any suggestions on what to look for or where to buy seals (i.e. ebay/hercules/? )?

what torque do i need to put on the piston nut?

<picture of seals
>>
Also interested.
>>
>>1014576
Take it to a hydraulic hose shop, they may be able to point you in the right direction
>>
>>1014576
did you remember the way you put them together? (just making sure)
also there are seal manufacturers that stock standard sizes.
for types not sure, but it looks like a teflon, nylon and 2 rubber/urethane ones
>>
>>1014576
I might be mistaken, but I guess the bushing on the far right is the main seal
>>
>>1014576
User hercules, They are great. Dont throw out that wave spring, And measure the size of the threaded stub, and thread pitch. I have a tourque chart for those nuts, as i rebuilt those at my job everyday. And another thing. Stack all of them up, the way they were and give that measurement. Thats the stack height, and that extremely important. Vee packing works off of compression, and if it is to tight you can seize the rod in the cylinder (what you are calling a piston).
>>
>>1015968
Here is the page in which you will find your answer.
https://herculesus.com/home.php?cat=1042
>>
>>1014756
This, and parts are usually cheap. Every DIYer should visit a hydraulic shop to learn what they can do for you. They've seen MANY seals and can quickly find what you need.
Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.