[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
PV/grind/crust/punk vest
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /diy/ - Do It yourself

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 6
File: PON2CI0.jpg (969 KB, 3672x2652) Image search: [Google]
PON2CI0.jpg
969 KB, 3672x2652
I'm making a vest to put all my patches on. A few studs and spikes as well and just wanted to know which vests you guys used for yours. I cannot find a vest that I like at ALL. I want a straight black vest (not faded) and I don't want a liner on the inside. Standard collar and buttons as well and I just can't find a simple STANDARD fucking vest and I'm getting pissed.
>>
>>1014485

Does the Levi's one in your pic not fit the bill?

If it's that it's too faded then buy some dye and cold dye or machine dye it a more solid black.

If it's cost. Shit all I can do about that.

Why not browse eBay and see if there's anything close to what you want and go from there.
>>
Just a random pic. Don't actually have that vest otherwise it'd be great can't find it. Already looked for a black levis vest and just nowhere to be found.
>>
>>1014502

It's not ideal, but there are a ton of blue Levi's vests on eBay. It would require the aforementioned dye job, but they're actually pretty cheap second hand which surprised the hell out of me.

I searched Levi's sleeveless and got hit straight off on the US site.

Britfag here. Vintage Levi's denim costs a bomb in the UK.
>>
>>>/fa/

This is buyfag to the max. I don't know why the hell you would ask /diy/kes where to buy a vest when there's a whole board dedicated to clothing. You want the /diy/ answer? Go pick some cotton, hop on the gin, grab some thread when you're done with that and get stitching.
>>
File: 006155.jpg (375 KB, 600x688) Image search: [Google]
006155.jpg
375 KB, 600x688
Don't look for a vest, it'll be harder to find and more expensive. Just get a jacket and cut the sleeves off.

This used to be blue. I just used Rit dye. I think I used a bottle of the liquid black and a little bit of brown powder to tone down any purple. It's faded to a gray now after a few years but it still looks good.
>>
File: IMG_0494.jpg (110 KB, 550x733) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0494.jpg
110 KB, 550x733
>>1014599
This. Go to a charity shop, buy an old leather or denim jacket for practically nothing, and ruin it. It was a punk-diy movement, the whole battle-jacket thing - so do it yourself.
>>
>hey guys, I'm such a punk. Where should I buy a vest to put my cool patches on?

Jesus Christ you just don't get it, do you? Fucking Dipshit poseur... MAKE YOUR OWN FUCKING VEST!
>>
>le crusty krusty krab le punko :X::DDDD
Buy a can of paint and drink it until you die.
>>
>>1014485
a vest is a jean jacket, with the sleeves cut off... just find an old ugly jean jacket, and take a seam ripper to the sleeves. EZPZ
>>
>>1014630
This. I got an old denim jacket, cut the sleeves off and died it black in a crock pot. It's breddy fun mane.
>>
File: 1460868631751.png (75 KB, 348x301) Image search: [Google]
1460868631751.png
75 KB, 348x301
But why would you want to look like a 80's reject on purpose?
>>
Vests are embarrassing and you should be ashamed of yourself. Have fun looking like the rest of the try-hards with your whiffle thrash vest.
>>
File: IMAG0012.jpg (4 MB, 5376x3024) Image search: [Google]
IMAG0012.jpg
4 MB, 5376x3024
Here's a vest I found and started working on, brand is Milwaukee apparel I think
>>
>>1014485
Most badass IMO is an old commercial employee vest from a retail store.
>>
If you don't want to make your own you could buy this and remove the liner
http://www.leatherup.com/p/Motorcycle-Denim/Xelement-B285-Mens-Black-Denim-Motorcycle-Vest/93500.html
>>
Similar project to OP's, trying to make a "Bosozoku" style jacket out of my leathers. Where can I find some really long spikes? I've found some up to 2- 3/4" but I'm looking for something a little more crazy.
>>
>>1017333
Get on the lathe
>>
Totally retro. Takes me back to my youth. Gramps approves.

Cloth is shit. Get or make a fucking leather vest. Denim falls apart easily, and with the absurd prices they get for denim nowadays it might as well be leather. Heavy leather is more protective if you has baiku or other transport which might spit you into the pavement.

Spikes (AKA pike nuts in the motorcycle scene) usually stop under 3". Latheposter is correct. Remember they have a lot of leverage over their mounting point. If you want them to stand up, take advantage of their threaded bases and bolt them through a suitable piece of aluminium sheet of at least 1/8" thick. You can get that as scrap from metal shops or in small quantities off Ebay. Radius the ends of your mount, and remember you can bend it to conform if needed. Attach some padding under the spike strip so when something hits it, it won't annoy you. Your spikes will be erect and actually function if someone tries to grab or jump you.

I prefer jackets for better protection and utility, but vests work in hot weather.

Craigslist has lots of motorcycle jackets you can cut into vests, and lots of vests too. Check the motorcycle PARTS for sale by owner for deals. A lot of that shit was expensive new.
>>
>>1017342
Thanks for the tips on the spikes. What's a good alternative for a leather punch, if I don't want to spend the money on a tool I might only use once?
>>
>>1017346
For what you are doing I'd use a hole punch.

You can find cheap hole punch sets and individtual punches on Ebay and they are good for much more than leather. I use 'em for making holes in gasket material when I cut my own gaskets. These should be fine and you can sharpen the edges if ever needed:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/6pc-Heavy-Duty-Leather-Hollow-Hole-Punch-Set-1-8-5-32-3-16-7-32-1-4-5-16-Inch-/381013237055?hash=item58b6289d3f:g:kNoAAOxyVaBSx1ff
>>
>>1014485
lmao the canadian flag upside-down and greyscale is the cutest thing i've ever seen
>>
>>1016881
that's a pretty plush carpet for a lad who postures as such a krusty punk
>>
>>1017699
Can't be hardcore ALL the time.
>>
>>1017425
Thanks for the tips buddy. I'm working with a jacket I got a while ago, I never would have thought about using aluminum for a spike pad. Keep doing your thing.
>>
Don't forget to sew a hidden stash pocket where a cop or mugger or your mom frisking you won't find it.
>>
>>1014485
>1014485
lol ur gay af
>>
This looks like something the columbine shooters would wear
>>
File: 1467022683270.jpg (2 MB, 3672x2652) Image search: [Google]
1467022683270.jpg
2 MB, 3672x2652
>>1014485
Fixed.
Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.