[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
3 pin connector with switch in middle?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /diy/ - Do It yourself

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1
File: 12-189-006-05.jpg (68 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
12-189-006-05.jpg
68 KB, 640x480
Trying to figure out if they sell a 3 pin connector like the one shown, but with a switch in the middle. I tried googling all over and couldn't find one for a 3 pin, only for 2 pin.

If not, how hard would it be to make a switch that connects to a 3 pin connector so that I may turn it on and off at whim?
>>
>>1014415
Damned easy. What is each wire used for? Is it for AC or DC? Do you want to switch all three wires or just the 'hot' wire?
>>
>>1014417
Not OP but for three pins you have Power (DC), ground, and PAM. 4 pin just adds a tachometer signal.
>>
>>1014415

Just get a toggle/rocker switch and put it inline with the red wire. Leave the ground and tach (yellow) line.
>>
>>1014452
PAM? Do you mean PWM? Even then you'd be wrong. The yellow wire is the tachometer signal. The 4th wire would be the PWM control.
>>
>>1014415
http://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/boards-and-kits/desktop-boards/000005560.html

If you want proof. Just toggle the power wire.
Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.