[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Firtst time /diy/ post So I made a smartphone projector out
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /diy/ - Do It yourself

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2
File: download (5).jpg (7 KB, 261x193) Image search: [Google]
download (5).jpg
7 KB, 261x193
Firtst time /diy/ post

So I made a smartphone projector out of a shoebox and a convex lens. I bet you all know that the image would flip, even if I prevented the video from rotating upright.

Is there an app that would allow me to play flipped videos or images? Or should I redo my box with mirrors?
>>
https://www.vlchelp.com/rotating-video-in-vlc-media-player/

VLC could do it on a computer, the feature or interface might have been trimmed out of the android version, but you could probably get it back with the command line and then making a customer launch/shortcut/something for convenience.
>>
Locking the screen rotation in the Android still rotates a landscape video?
>>
>>1014426
In pretty much every app, yeah. Unless I download it and use VLC
>>
>>1014425
That way, it's still reversed horizontally. I'm trying to find a mirror that would flush in my box, but I gotta keep digging.
>>
>>1014430
It has mirroring too.
>>
Lay the phone flat on its back, put mirror above at a 45 degree angle, like a periscope. Screen wont auto rotate on its back. Problem solved?
>>
>>1014412
or, why dont you use a second lens? without to much amplification, just to do the fliping
>>
>>1014579
Have you tried focusing multiple lenses?
>>
>>1014412
>convex lens
I hope for your sake that you used an achromatic lens and not just a simple single element. Otherwise you're going to spend all this time getting the orientation correct, then be disappointed with the picture quality.
>>
>>1014412
Why don't you just place the phone upside down?
>>
>>1014412
Did you test it already? Isn't this dim as fuck?
>>
>>1014613
It's not that bad.

Not for the range that these thing work at anyways.
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.