[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What's best for cleaning shower door?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /diy/ - Do It yourself

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 3
File: download.jpg (6 KB, 225x225) Image search: [Google]
download.jpg
6 KB, 225x225
Barkeepers friend
Clorox or comet?
Rag or paper towel?
>>
>>1014400
anything with grit is going to scratch the crap out of it

CLR or bleach
>>
>>1014400

I think it depends on what's on the door. I've tried Barkeepers Friend, Lime Away, etc., but none of them worked for me.

I hate saying anything non-positive about Barkeepers Friend... it's absolutely amazing for stainless steel sinks and pots.
>>
Spray vinegar on it and wait a few minutes
>>
>>1014400
I rule at this:
2 part method.

1. Use a scotch-brite (green plastic) scourer with some jif/ajax (mildly abrasive powder soap). Rinse as best you can.

2. Use newspaper or paper towel with some vinegar/windex/methylated spirits to clean. On the picture shown I'd use 4 whole sheets of newspaper. It disintegrates as it gets wet.
>>
>>1014405
Bleach? Does it remove the calcium deposits?
>>
>>1014400
I cleaned mine recently with baking soda+vinegar soak combined with a pressure washer rinse and a good bit of rag rubbing.
>>
>>1014400
This shit.

Get the cheapest (thus least elf'n'safety) brand you can find.

Spray on. Leave. Rinse. Shower door is clean now.
>>
>>1014419
I did this, no. Or at least did not have that much of a noticable difference.
>>
Cleaner here.

>>1014457
This, you need a scourer - and even still you probably won't get the "hard water stains" off.
We use an industrial steel wool on transparent/translucent plastic shower doors, but if yours is reall glass/crystal you'll want a scourer made with something softer than that so that the glass doesn't scratch.
>>
>>1014902
You won't get the calcium deposits off without a razor blade. Even sulphuric acid won't get it off.
>>
>>1015049
Jumping in here.

Get a spray bottle, fill it half full with white vinegar, and the other half with blue dawn liquid soap. Shake to mix, then spray all over the door. Wait 10 minutes and scrub lightly with a dish spounge. If the buildup is super heavy, you may have to spray it a second time.

The reason the vinegar didn't work the first time was that you didn't mix it with soap, which helps it to stick for the required amount of time for the reaction to happen.
>>
Find the stuff in the center. If you have a glass shower this stuff will take even 1/16" film of calcium off. All you do is spray it on, let it sit for seconds and wipe or rinse off.
>>
>>1014902
that's what CLR is for
>>
Building engineer for a building with hard water.

Razor scraper for the glass if it's not textured.

CLR for the edges where you can't get.

If it is textured you'll want to use CLR soaked rags to keep it constantly wet and then use a scouring pad after it starts to break down.
>>
Honestly, the answer is pressurized steam.
>>
>>1015225
And that children, is how I got my first skin transplant.
>>
>>1014400
Dr pepper or coke
Open can/bottle let it go flat
pour into spray bottle
spray upon the mineral deposits
wait 40 mins
wipe off layer and repeat.
>>
>>1015299
Oh my god dude. I thought we all knew this is a meme.
>>
After you have it clean maintain the surface with OdoBan. Buy it in concentrate and dilute in a spray bottle.
>>
Has anyone ever tried using a pressure washer?
>>
Just clean it every time you shower like normal people
>>
Have you tried using a mexican?
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.