[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Drones
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /diy/ - Do It yourself

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3
File: solo.jpg (254 KB, 1500x1000) Image search: [Google]
solo.jpg
254 KB, 1500x1000
Any advice about quad copters?
Should I buy a ready to fly one or build my own?
>>
anybody?
>>
help
>>
You talk as if your life is hinging on being able to fly a quadcopter. Calm your tits.
>>
>>1013984
it is
>>
File: frozen tit.jpg (7 KB, 265x190) Image search: [Google]
frozen tit.jpg
7 KB, 265x190
>>1013987
you should check the archives for /rcg/, the general for anything radio controlled.
Calm your tits. Nothing should lead to your life depending on it, if so you'd buy the most expensive commercial one and have a pilot from a camera crew fly it.
Also please have some etiquette and read the fucking sticky. This is a slow board. Bumping won't help.
>>
>>1013970
I have been saving up a whole year yo make an fpv racer. I like building stuff but I mostly want to fly with my head in it so that's my drive to doing it. 3 days ago I started looking up how much it would be in total. I didny want a half added quad, but would still go cheap as much as possible. problem is I have nothing rc related yet, no controller nor goggles. these things alone are hard to find below 200 euros together. you can build a reasonable quad for about 350 euro. and then I said fuck it. I'm not paying 550 euro for a thing that I will use so frequently it'll crash every week at least once. and every time I have the risk of having to rebuy like 50 euros of equipment. totally not worth it. since I'm a materialist fuck I bought a canon m3 instead :). maybe later when I get rich I'll build a quad.
>>
>>1014068
*half assed
also sorry for the blog. I just want you to think about the things you could do with the money. if you already have a controller/goggles the decision is way easier.
>>
>>55273892
MULTIROTORS
>>
>>1013970
https://youtu.be/5CzURm7OpAA
>>
File: IMG_20160607_194640.jpg (3 MB, 4208x3120) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160607_194640.jpg
3 MB, 4208x3120
I am building a fpv racer at the moment, >>1014068 is right that it is expensive, I bought parts for a bit more then €500.

A friend of mine just bought a rtf quanum nova pro, for something like €300. It has all the bells and whistles like gps, altitude hold, return to home.

I don't know what would be better for you, it depends on your budget and your ability to build/solder.

For a first quadcopter I recommed buying a cx-10 from china, with extra props and a prop guard. That way you can practice indoors, it is lots of fun and not expensive.

Pic is my work in progress quadcopter (no fpv parts yet) and my cx-10.

My parts list: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1YGFdk6_Jnt8c94kWwNkPA1MhGA1iVtON0Llqs3xT1JM/edit?usp=docslist_api
>>
This guy has a nice channel with a lot of info to build your own but if you have money buy a DJI Phantom

https://www.youtube.com/user/h2oboy1
>>
You should just buy it. You clearly do not belong on /diy/
>>
>>1013970
Small training drones are already dirt-cheap.
So since you are even asking this question — just buy something ready to fly and (ab)use it all you want.
Either you will "get good" at it and will be able to make an EDUCATED decision about your next drone or you will realize it's "not your thing".
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.