[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hello /diy/ I am wondering if it is possibe to remove a built
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /diy/ - Do It yourself

Thread replies: 45
Thread images: 13
File: IMG_4464.jpg (2 MB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
IMG_4464.jpg
2 MB, 3264x2448
Hello /diy/ I am wondering if it is possibe to remove a built in dresser pic related. It takes up too much space and is not very useful to me. Can it be removed??
>>
>>995062
whoops sorry guys that shit was upside down
>>
>>995062
most things are possible

did you take all the drawers out and see how it's attached to the wall?
>>
Not OP but I sound just as stupid as him.

I have one big closet and 3 little cabinets in my room which my parents put here.
And they don't want it to be gone, so now I'm sawing it into little pieces whenever they aren't home so that I can get rid of it in the trash.

My parents are like messis, they preserve these old ass furtnitures because it stood at my grandparents flat once, but they are dead now and we have to move on in life.
I feel constantly threatened by thoughts on my dead grandparents and I need to get rid of this shit before I can move out (again, I crashed at my parents house for a year now because I failed/didn't want to finish college).

OP, throw it out.

Don't feel bad.

Tomorrow it will be gone, the day after that you will be happy that it's gone without even wanting it back.
So do it.
>>
>>995068
wow thanks man thats almost the same circumstances
>>
>>995076
Good luck mate. We only live once, so if somebody tries to constantly invade your own personal space by putting stuff there you don't want to have around you, just fight back.
>>
>>995062

Easiest way would be to turn gravity back on. Sorry, couldn't resist...
>>
>>995062
Rebuild ... eh, not really, unless you got a full workshop. You could cut it down a lot if you wanted, if you got tools.

If not, ebay it / gumtree it and use the cash to buy smaller.
>>
>>995062
>how it's attached to the wall

This. It could be a stand-alone dresser that someone screwed to the wall and can be re-used (or sold).

That molding might have been cut to fit the dresser flush against the wall. Be prepared to find a matching piece once dresser is removed.
>>
>>995068

GFs mom is like that. She replaced some of her stuff with shit that her dad/grandma/pa/great grandma/pa had. Just because it was theirs.

She still keeps her daughters toys that mice rub their hair lil nuts sacks on because of memories and shit.
>>
>>995068
>And they don't want it to be gone, so now I'm sawing it into little pieces whenever they aren't home so that I can get rid of it in the trash.
>My parents are like messis, they preserve these old ass furtnitures because it stood at my grandparents flat once, but they are dead now and we have to move on in life.

So you're saying that you live in someone else's house. I'm assuming for free or at a large discount because they are your parents. And you're actively trying to dismantle and destroy some heirlooms that don't belong to you. Is that right? You think it's ok to throw out someone else's stuff because it inconveniences you? Stuff that obviously has sentimental value to the people who are graciously allowing you to dwell under their roof?

Just fucking kill yourself anon. Do not pass go. do not collect $200.
>>
>>995079
>if somebody tries to constantly invade your own personal space by putting stuff there you don't want to have around you, just fight back.

If you don't want people to invade your personal space then I suggest you get your own personal space. This is someone else's shit in someones else's home. You can go ahead and kill yourself too, anon. You ungrateful little shits.
>>
>>995303
Oh boy, don't even get me started.

If the world would be fair (you say it is only fair to shut up and take their shit when it's not mine, right?), I could kick them in the face and punch their teeth out and only then we would be equal.

They literally ruined my whole adult life by forcing me into college and getting into debt because of that.
I didn't even finish.

I could burn down the whole flat and they would be in my deed.
>>
>>995308
Were you 18 when they "forced" you into college? I was with you guys until this, but if you were an adult and did what they said, then it's on you anon. Punch them in the face and knock their teeth out? For caring about you and trying to give you impetus to improve yourself? Fuck off and kill yourself.
>>
>>995311
I'd pay a million dollars to shoot you
>>
>>995317
Wow. You have issues anon, and not the ones your parents "forced" on you. Seek help, you sound angry.
>>
>>995321
Yeah, I know. Nevertheless I'm doing the right thing.
>>
File: 52192797[1].jpg (115 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
52192797[1].jpg
115 KB, 400x400
>>995317
>I'd pay a million dollars to shoot you

You'll never see a million dollars in your life you worthless NEET. When I was 18 I was a dumbass who knocked up his girlfriend and never even had the opportunity to go to college. I worked every hour my employer would give me to keep us off of welfare. Your whining about other peoples stuff inconveniencing you so your going to destroy it THEN blaming your lazy retardedness on them is a real fucking trigger.

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
>>995317
You should shoot yourself in the face you supreme faggot
>>
>>995324
Lol. Dumb you dumb nigger you should have pulled out or wore a condom.

It's your own fault.

Just be like all black father's and run away.

If you're white run away to Alaska.
>>
>>995068
Lol, you're a pussboy drop out with no hope for a future taking your aggression out on furniture.
>>
lmao this board
>>
File: 048[2].png (154 KB, 294x297) Image search: [Google]
048[2].png
154 KB, 294x297
>>995532
>Lol. Dumb you dumb nigger you should have pulled out or wore a condom.
>It's your own fault.

I let my psycho ex trap me. I own that. That was my fault. I live with the consequences.

>>995532
>Just be like all black father's and run away.
>If you're white run away to Alaska.

Too late for that. Maybe because I take responsibility for my actions and a healthy dose of work ethic I've raised 3 kids to adulthood. I'm empty nested with my second wife and semi-retired in my mid forties. I wouldn't be who I am today without that fuckup so many years ago.

This is why I have no sympathy for wankers in their 20's bitching about how bad they have it. Banging away on keyboards their parents bought them in their parent's basement spouting off about how unfair the world is. How fucked their parents are. Whaaa.
>>
You know, surviving is always hard, no matter where you are at.

Yes, we younger ones need to work less physically, but we have to care more and more about how we act, what and how we think and when to say it. We have to make decisions our parents do not understand. E.g. we work way harder mentally, sometimes even all around the clock.
We have to educate people we don't like (majority factor) to stop them from excessively using bad technology like Mediatek, Google or Facebook. It's not about never using it, it's about understanding the issues. We have to educate them about how to properly spread their personal online data across several providers.

And the generation that always yells at younger generations, claiming that they are lazy and whatnot, most of the time has no idea about how their smartphones work and how these devices interact with their environment. They wonder how they can be tracked down and are outraging once they trip over it.
They are even dumb enough in 90% of all cases, to be okay with such technology, until you start using it against them to educate them about the bad things that can happen, if somebody with evil intentions would have done it instead.

The younger generation has to IT babysit the whole family, while keeping them up to date and having to deal with their bullshit echos online.
I guess that is one of the reasons why more and more young people are tired of the life they live and start complaining. Because we state the things that are wrong, but the older generations willfully overlook these issues, until it's too late.

cont.
>>
>>995789
cont.

>"Oh, they bombard our kids with targetted advertisements, how dare they?!"
>"Oh, they found out what insurance company my baby is insured at, how did they do this?!"
>it was them leaking the information in the first place, making it possible
>and "we" (the young naughty new generation) then have to deal with that without having the right to go nuts?

Oftentimes older generations are annoying without even having the ability to actually literally see the issues they create.
But rather than dealing with these issues, they spout "NEW GENERATION IS SO USELESS(TM)"

Bullshit responses like "it was always like that" are not viable anymore, because there was never a point in the history of humanity, where a living human bean could speak to another human bean at the other side of the globe in a matter of seconds, even with HD video nowadays. Times have changed and the progress fucks with a lot of heads, a thing older generations most likely will never understand.
>>
File: Real Human Bean DIY.jpg (222 KB, 1241x1600) Image search: [Google]
Real Human Bean DIY.jpg
222 KB, 1241x1600
>>995790
>living human bean
>not real human bean

5/10, nice pasta
>>
File: Built in dresser.jpg (43 KB, 819x614) Image search: [Google]
Built in dresser.jpg
43 KB, 819x614
this be OP again. all u stoopid fucks fucked up my thread i need advice u goddamn cunts
>>
>>995886
Why don't you just do it

Repercussions be damned.
>>
File: Commodore64.jpg (924 KB, 2000x1266) Image search: [Google]
Commodore64.jpg
924 KB, 2000x1266
>>995789
>IT Support
As if your generation could support your way out of a Compusa plastic bag.
>>
>>995913
I literally know how a modern bootstrap works, I even understand how to design random access memory and CPUs, because they teach us shit like that in college. Did your generation learn that in college? I don't think so (although I may be wrong for some private colleges or highschools or whatever the fuck your american education system calls the highest form of education)

It's extremely interesting btw
>>
>>995886
Nope. Not the same as the original post pic.

This one is likely covering a knee wall that may never have been finished properly. Remove it and look forward to lots of patching and repair work.
>>
Holy shit, this thread. My mother in law whom me and my now wife lived with, for free, was a hoarder. We had piles of her shit in our room, and it was slowly added to. We both got jobs, worked hard and moved out at 19. An apartment at first, then I got a better job, and 5-6 years later we own a house. She now regularly brings stuff over to 'give back,' and we throw it away instantly. She sees this happen, yet continues to give 'our' (read: stuff she pushed on us when we lived there) stuff over, or buy us useless junk. OP, if it is you in this situation, focus on your financial well being, not your living conditions. You have to give up comfort temporarily for more comfort later.
A lot of people have been through this, been in the arguments with parents/parents in law. You cannot destroy someone else's property because you don't want it there. Anyone who advises this is trash, and this can lead to more poverty through lawsuits. I know your parents would never sue you, but they can still always hold it over your head. Hoarders have a mental problem with attachment, and you cannot fix a mental problem by physically destroying their stuff.

Sorry for the rant, but it hit home.
>>
>>995924
You failed out of modern college (aka baby sitting) so I doubt that.
>>
>>995886
Have you tried putting your clothes and possessions in it?

Looks pretty nice.
>>
>>995935
edgy and toxic, here's your (You)
>>
File: 1462163901144.jpg (47 KB, 301x387) Image search: [Google]
1462163901144.jpg
47 KB, 301x387
>>995886
I think you need to graciously go look for another place to live even if it's under a bridge.

A craftsman built that dresser and looks like they took their time and toiled over it so it would look nice. Whether it is veneer or solid wood it is ribboned wood that is chosen for it's unique appearance heck it may have even have come from a tree on the property.

You are one big fucking pathetic loser to even consider trashing it when it's not even yours.

You need to wake the fuck up.
>>
>>995886
That's a nice dresser. Why in the fuck do you want to get rid of it?
>>
>>995924
>Did your generation learn that in college? I
No, my generation built that shit. And we built upon the generation before us. Do you think technology just appears out of thin air?

>Oh, I've got this great idea. How about we send text messages directly to another user on the internet. We'll call it skype or slack. It's nothing like email or irc, those are for old people. This is new and hip and never been done before.

We're going to reinvent everything by calling it a different name. Heard of this new drug called Molly. It's totally not mdma. That's what old people used to do.
>>
File: 1463438377889.jpg (31 KB, 600x427) Image search: [Google]
1463438377889.jpg
31 KB, 600x427
>>996169
>We're going to reinvent everything by calling it a different name. Heard of this new drug called Molly. It's totally not mdma. That's what old people used to do.
You can fuck off with your drug/generation reference. If you're even dabbling in this shit you mentioned you are fucked and is tell-tail reason for your attitude.
Stop now it's not going to get you anywhere but in a ditch or some abandoned house where you sought refuge and OD'd.
>>
>>996374
>tail
It's apparent from your response to him that you have no idea what you're talking about.
>>
File: bartfalling.gif (933 KB, 500x379) Image search: [Google]
bartfalling.gif
933 KB, 500x379
>>996169
>Heard of this new drug called Molly. It's totally not mdma. That's what old people used to do.
Fuck I consider that shit crazy drugs because you can get there easier with hard drugs. Stay away from it.
>>
>>996374
>dead n ditch
>ODd n abandon projekt shak
HAVE YOU SNORTED EXSTACY TABLET TODAY? - PICK ONE.
THIS THE END YOU CHOSE.
>>
File: 1460240815821.jpg (26 KB, 423x398) Image search: [Google]
1460240815821.jpg
26 KB, 423x398
>>996378
>>tail
>It's apparent from your response to him that you have no idea what you're talking about.
You're tonight's spell checker? How about you you go further and explain why my response to >>996169 is "you have no idea what you're talking about."
>>
File: 1453812730185.png (394 KB, 600x578) Image search: [Google]
1453812730185.png
394 KB, 600x578
>>996374
>tail
Only one type of tail I'm interested in, bob.
>>
File: 1455863294106s.jpg (3 KB, 111x107) Image search: [Google]
1455863294106s.jpg
3 KB, 111x107
>>996388
"tale" dude, tale as in tall tale, or troll tale depending on opinion of this thread.
Thread replies: 45
Thread images: 13

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.