[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hey guys. I want to put a clothes washer (and dryer) in my kitchen.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /diy/ - Do It yourself

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 2
Hey guys. I want to put a clothes washer (and dryer) in my kitchen. The house currently has none. Supplying water is no big deal as the supply lines are run in the attic space. The drain is my problem. The house is on a slab and has no basement or crawl space. The nearest drain is on the other side of the kitchen where the kitchen sink is. Since its a galley style kitchen their are doors on either end of the kitchen, isolating the only side I have space for the washer from the only side with the drain. How would I drain the washer?

I'd like to do this without resorting to a portable washer or busting up the flood and slab. Is this possible?
>>
>>1013214
Directly behind through the wall Gumby
>>
>>1013240
Theres a living room on the other side of the wall so that is not possible.
>>
>>1013320
Then you can't put it there. You need to drain either directly outside, or into a nearby drain. Run a hose, run PVC. Who cares, we can't do it for you, and the water wont disappear.
>>
>>1013214
Maybe modify your design to accommodate your restrictions, i.e. put the washer on the other side next to the sink.

Mine is set up like that, the washer pumps into a t-connector that combines the dishwasher/clothes washer. Works great, just keep your disposal clean and draining freely otherwise your sink fills up with suds and other shit every time you wash clothes.

After that, optimize the location of your dryer while keeping in mind you need to vent that sucker outside. So what if they sit 10' apart. Anythings better than dealing with the jigganogs at the laundromat.
>>
File: Untitled.png (12 KB, 622x465) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
12 KB, 622x465
>>1013351
>put the washer on the other side next to the sink.
Can't, no room. The sink has about 20 inches between it and the stove and on the other side of the sink is another 20 inches and the fridge. Pic related. 5 million hours in MS Paint. Please ignore the terrible scale.

>>1013324
So I can't pump it into the attic or something? Then run a pipe down to an existing drain?
>>
>>1013214
Get a single washer/dryer unit
Either a single, washes and dries in the same tub, or get an apartment sized over under unit
Move the refrigerator to where you want to put the w/d plenty of room for a single unit, water and drain right there
Plus you can add another cabinet/storage next to the moved fridge

No pumping the water up into the attic across and down is not a good idea, unless you intend to place a large holding tank next to the washer to hold the exit water, then hook up a large pond/sump pump to lift the water 8 feet the across and down

How were you planing to vent the dryer, remember you have a certain acceptable run length and each bend reduces the length you can run
Is the sink on an outside wall? If so then you dryer vent exit would be no problem
>>
>>1013556
I didn't show it in the picture but there is a pass through right above where I want to put the washer and dryer. So I cant put the fridge there or use a stackable.

I've done some more research on my problem and it seems they make a thing for this. They have gray water pumps meant for indoor use. They are generally for basement washers and such but they should work for my situation. Does anyone have any experience with them?

>How were you planing to vent the dryer
I can run the vent to the attic and then out an eve. Its fine code wise out here. A neighbor did it some years back for a house remodel and they haven't had any lint or condensation problems.
Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.