[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hi /diy/ I am wondering if an electronic part like this exists.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /diy/ - Do It yourself

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 2
File: Part.png (3 KB, 133x343) Image search: [Google]
Part.png
3 KB, 133x343
Hi /diy/

I am wondering if an electronic part like this exists. I tried Google but I have no idea what it may be called, I tried "electronic that moves up and down", "pumping electronic component" etc.

Pic related. It's simply a part that can be programmed to move up and down.
>>
"Linear actuator" is the search term you are looking for.
>>
>>1013037
Yes this is it. Thank you so much.
>>
>>1013047
Also try "solenoid"
>>
It does exist but your retardation gave me amnesia... sorry.

>then I read the replies
>>
File: carmotorz_uhreqw_01.jpg (133 KB, 1072x938) Image search: [Google]
carmotorz_uhreqw_01.jpg
133 KB, 1072x938
>>1013047
If what you are doing is relatively small and it doesn't need a huge amount of force, you may be able to use car seat motors or car window motors.

The car seat motors usually have a screw about 4 to 6 inches long that rotates, and they come with a brass nut that fits on the screw.
The car window motors usually have a motor with a pulley on it, and an attached cable loop rotates around on a metal frame with small pulleys at both ends.

You can buy them at auto parts stores, but they charge too much. You can often find these online sold as surplus, for only around $10-$20 each.
Pic related: four seat motors and a window motor, at one place that sells them.
Do note: the motors in car seats and car windows are always plain DC-brushed, that I've seen. So there is no built-in way for a microprocessor to tell what position they are in, or track them as they move.
If you need that ability and you don't need a LOT of power, then you can go buy a stepper motor with a screw shaft attached. You can find these online, sold as parts for 3D printers. (you will need a stepper motor driver for this as well)

If you need a linear actuator with a lot of power AND that has position tracking, then you need to put an encoder of some type onto a linear actuator.
>>
>>1013035
It better not be a hardcore sex machine. Im working on that.
>>
If you want smallish and don't need huge forces consider a motorized linear potentiometer. They aren't designed as actuators, but because they have a potentiometer you can get decently precise positioning
Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.