[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Compound Sliding Miter Saw
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /diy/ - Do It yourself

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 3
File: 51Tt3b+H+yL.jpg (41 KB, 500x498) Image search: [Google]
51Tt3b+H+yL.jpg
41 KB, 500x498
Looking for a quality Miter Saw that can hold up to years of abuse. I've looked through all the big box brands like Makita, Bosch, and Dewalt. I thought I found the perfect saw in a Festool KS120, however they are plagued by motor malfunctions.

Anyone have any suggestions for an accurate industrial grade saw?
>>
>>1012610
Buy either the top of the line Dewalt slider, or the Bosch with the glide arm.
They are both magnificent saws.
>>
File: 1404358678420.png (248 KB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
1404358678420.png
248 KB, 500x375
>>1012610
>festool
>years of abuse
>>
>>1012613
Those are actually both the saws I have been leaning towards. I love the XPS light on the Dewalt. Kind of surprising the Bosch doesn't come with a laser or anything of the sort, other than that I actually like the Bosch glide arm better.
>>
My Makita LS1013 has never let me down and was like 200$ bucks used. I wouldn't bother buying anything fancy unless I was going to use it every day (I'd even get harbor freight)
>>
>>1012634
Same here. However I own a small company, and we use them every day, the cuts we make must be precise down to the 1/16th". I've actually had to re-cut an entire job that cost me thousands do to a slight miter an every piece of metal we cut.

Thanks for the input nontheless
>>
>>1012637
Due to*
>>
File: Milwaukee.jpg (161 KB, 520x520) Image search: [Google]
Milwaukee.jpg
161 KB, 520x520
>12" dual bevel compound slider
>.1 degree adjustment dial w/digital readout
>75% dust collection without a vac

Amazing saw
>>
>>1012610

>industrial grade
>festool

No please
>>
Sounds fun. Lets All talk about our industrial use of saws.

Compare pricing. Id wager very few here have used a kapex. Honestly i have, although i couldnt be cucked buying one. Ive a "top of range" dewalt for what its worth. Which isnt much. Dewalt being cheap shit and all. Mines perhaps 10 years old, and has always had issuss if im runninf hardwood. Anyway id always check important shit with a bevel.

This all aside, seriously the kapex is fucking amazing in terms of accuracy. Ive festo sanders and protool saws, the shit is great but fcking expensive. That said just stripped and re packed the bearings on my festo sander again. Fucker has had probably 15,000 hrs with work placement kids and still good. Other ones basically throw away.

You get what you pay for anon
>>
Not much of saw guy, more of a machinist.

Try going on the Craigslist and look for second hand industrial only brands. Some of that stuff well outlasts the original owners and will outlast you!
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.