[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I have been cracking my brain over this and i need some input,
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /diy/ - Do It yourself

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 6
File: eiken hout jong.jpg (459 KB, 3264x1836) Image search: [Google]
eiken hout jong.jpg
459 KB, 3264x1836
I have been cracking my brain over this and i need some input,
i have sanded this piece of oak wood untill grain 600, it is smooth as fuck and i coated it,

The problem i have now is that i dont know what kind of legs will look good witht his fucking thing,
i think it is an amazing piece of wood and i want to make legs that fit nicely with it.

Anyone here who has an idea?

It is supposed to become a coffee table
>>
>>1012522
What do you mean legs? You haven't made the tabletop yet! That's just a raw piece of wood.
>>
File: here.jpg (83 KB, 608x617) Image search: [Google]
here.jpg
83 KB, 608x617
>>
>>1012526
you know wht i fucking mean.

I am using that as tabletop.
>>
use a small stump, single leg with a wide base instead of 4 legs.
>>
File: eclectic-coffee-tables.jpg (132 KB, 570x530) Image search: [Google]
eclectic-coffee-tables.jpg
132 KB, 570x530
>>1012522
something that wouldn't draw too much attention

I would either use some wire legs or tapered wooden ones
>>
>>1012542
>>
>>1012522
well the standard hipster legs these days are hairpin metal bolt on legs.
what kind of look are you going for?
>>
>>1012542
op here
Thanks i really like the wire legs!
Ill look into that
>>
>>1012546
I want a contrast in the table
i am afraid that if i use wood for legs, the tabletop wouldnt really stand out as i want it to stand out.
>>
>>1012522
You should build a middle section with some storage option connecting to two feet a little longer than the width of the tabletop. So:
>tabletop
>middle section, storage
>feet

I would even put some nice corner molding on the middle section and feet
>>
File: P16436662.jpg (83 KB, 320x320) Image search: [Google]
P16436662.jpg
83 KB, 320x320
>>1012522
Want a big contrast- the darker timber with a highly polished, machined and geometric could be cool
<pic

Course the downside is no one can really see it down there. A centre cylinder with a flat base could also work and be a lot less work
>>
>>1012677
I think a single leg wood look good. What I'd actually do would is get a 4x4 or some 12/4 about 18 inches long and make width and thickness symmetrical(like a perfect square looking down it) and then gently wrap copper sheets around it to give the illusion that it's a round leg. And then do the David marks thing where he corrodes the copper. Google David marks patina and it should show up.
>>
File: dmarks.jpg (18 KB, 288x238) Image search: [Google]
dmarks.jpg
18 KB, 288x238
>>1012759
I just went ahead and looked it up. The feet of this bench are what I mean. Those are copper sheets.
>>
>>1012759
Get the 4x4 and maybe knock an inch off each corner so its an octagon, then plate that up.
Sheet leaded bronze is also a really nice colour, but it can be pricey at about $20 for a 30cmsq piece thats about 0.5mm- plus after awhile it will patina by itself.
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.