[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I'd like to make a heavier-duty electric flyswatter. The
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /diy/ - Do It yourself

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2
File: IMG_9128.jpg (2 MB, 4608x3456) Image search: [Google]
IMG_9128.jpg
2 MB, 4608x3456
I'd like to make a heavier-duty electric flyswatter. The ones I buy always burn out after a while. What's the best way to go about this? Just look for heavier components with thicker gauges?
>>
Look in to shock-nux or taser glove and adapt the design
Basically take apart a disposable flash camera and use the capacitor to power the unit
You'll prolly enjoy this vid
https://youtu.be/oUJLgKkmllA
>>
>>1012401
bigger capacitor and a beefier transistor to charge it?
>>
>>trash
>>
>>1013006
Yeah, put a li-ion powering it too, if it doesn't have one already. I fry big flies with mine while normal ones barely stun them.
>>
I had the same problem. I dissected a store bought one, and made a schematic.
Then I Tim Taylor'd it. I've had it for 4 years now, and it still works. Mostly use it for hornets though.

>>1014877
Literally why you fucking faggot.
>>
>>1012401
I just got sick of it just stunning the flies so i rippeed all the insides away and replaced them wit this: http://www.ebay.com/itm/DC3v-6V-OUT-700-kv-700KV-high-voltage-generator-of-high-voltage-inverter-good-/122031889463?hash=item1c69aadc37:g:Zx4AAOSwbYZXdXyR and li-ion cell. Smaller insects turn into smoke and bigger ones fry.
>>
>>1017527
just don't swat your own face
>>
tried adding a capacitor before, but then it stopped shocking...the bugs could go right through, they weren't tripping it
>>
>>1018130
The capacitor you added was probably not rated for the high voltage on the screen.
>under-rated capacitor shorted - no high voltage
>>
>>1013006
just hook the 2 grids directly to mains and put a fuse in it so you don't melt shit
>>
>I'd like to make a heavier-duty electric flyswatter.
Buy a decent one, I bought this one for 6$ at a chinese store and it has been working flawlessly ever since, even after adding a .22uF 2kV capacitor it still works fine, when I bought it it had just 22nF, so I effectively increased it't deadly power 10 times. At first some flies just flew away after being hit, now it turns them from solid to plasma without passing through the other two states of matter.

If yours has broken I would check the diodes first, the high voltage psu often uses a multiplier, and the diodes are the weakest part of the circuit. A beefier darlington transistor would also be a good improvement.
>>
monitoring thread...

I got a fly swatter from Harbor Freight for $5 (or free). Runs on 2 Ds and works okay, but it can't kill wasps and hornets. Been wanting to juice it up somehow.
>>
>>1020152
Nice. You could stun a bird with that.
>>
tennis racket with wires instead of strings and the handle cut off and replaced with a taser
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.