[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I have one of these cheap pir modules hooked up to an atmega328.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /diy/ - Do It yourself

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1
File: hc-sr501-labelled-alt.png (249 KB, 800x550) Image search: [Google]
hc-sr501-labelled-alt.png
249 KB, 800x550
I have one of these cheap pir modules hooked up to an atmega328. It is supposed to trigger an interrupt and wake the atmega.

Everything seems to work but when the atmega goes into sleep mode it causes a false positive on the pir module and wakes itself up.

It works fine without sleeping and the interrupt works fine if i use a switch instead of the pir module.

I have removed the voltage regulator from the pir and it now shares a regulator with the atmega.

I assume the problem is caused by some kind of interference on the 3.3v rail but I don't have a scope. What should I do?
>>
>>1011684

invest in pullup / pulldown resistors

without a schematic we can't say shit
>>
>>1011686
pull up / pull down resistors for what? i thnk i have them on everthing that needs them, everything works except when i sleep the atmega

i just don't understand why sleeping the atmega seems to be causing interference on the 3.3v
>>
>>1011690

pulldown for the output

you can add some caps to the power rail.
>>
>>1011695
i've tried adding a 10k pulldown to the pir out but it made no difference
>>
>>1011699

show the schematic. want our help? don't make us work for it.
Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.