[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I'm planning on making a PVC nerf rifle/cannon to use with
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /diy/ - Do It yourself

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 6
I'm planning on making a PVC nerf rifle/cannon to use with the oversized Nerf mega darts. Now, there's plenty of plans out there for combustion style potato guns, or CO2 powered cannons, but I can't seem to find any solid plans for what I want.
I just want to fire this little dart with as much power as reliably possible, without needing to do things like recharge a separate tank, or refill some sort of fuel. Any ideas?
>>
File: Untitled.png (5 KB, 389x195) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
5 KB, 389x195
Here's a shitty example of the design I'm leaning toward right now. Pump on the bottom to pressurize the larger tank up top, with a valve just past the tank to release the air. It obviously needs reinforced and made in a way that's comfortable to hold, but that's the basic functional plan I have in mind. Anything majorly wrong with it, or any better way to do it?
>>
Get a Schrader valve stem from napa. Use a bike bump with a cam-locking hose so you can either leave the pump attached or drop it when you have an air compressor handy

Don't forget to use primer with your cement. Also google around for the magic PVC gun ratio so you know exactly how long to make your barrel in relation to your tank, and the correct diameter for the tank and valve. A stubby barrel will result in the payload leaving before the majority of the air has time to do work on it
>>
File: Untitled.png (14 KB, 1231x541) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
14 KB, 1231x541
here

the fewest parts possible to get you launching shit
>>
Im starting up a new yt channel, just uploaded a spud gun vid as it happens. Cost about 12 euro. https://youtu.be/a2Cc02rKvio
>>
>>1011404
I've done pretty much this with good results. just limit your pressures to <60 psi, PVC is no pressure rated for a reason. Also use PVC cement and glue, else it won't work.

>>1011467
basically this
>>
>>1011759
I meant primer and cement
>>
File: dchap_0[1].jpg (32 KB, 600x255) Image search: [Google]
dchap_0[1].jpg
32 KB, 600x255
>>1011401
http://nerfhaven.com/forums/topic/8813-dchap-1/
>>
>>1011759
I dont know what kind nigger PVC you buy but around here all PVC is pressure rated ~350 psi.
>>
>>1011401
I have built your exact design on a much larger scale, for the proposes of launching potatos.

The ignitor will go into the end cap. Drill it out.

Also, use hair spray, aquas net 5
>>
>>1011759
Schedule 40 is rated at ~150PSI
>>
File: image.jpg (16 KB, 489x301) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
16 KB, 489x301
Back when I was spud-gunnen we used hose clamps to reinforce the combustion chamber (boom room)

Not sure if it helped but we never had a failure
>>
>>1013617
Back when I built spud guns we just used science instead of bullshit, but whatever works for you.

>jubilee clamps to reinforce the combustion chamber
>when you could have just moved up to pressure rated Sch40 or Sch80
>when the pressure spike of pray and pray tops out around 75PSI and ~90 for metered propane
Pneumatics are where its at anyway, at least until you build steel hybrid pressurized fuel-air guns.

Y'all smalltime as fuck.
>>
File: 1466374809066.jpg (85 KB, 1080x1845) Image search: [Google]
1466374809066.jpg
85 KB, 1080x1845
>>1011401
I made something like that years ago for airsoft. It has a CO2 canister adapter, galvanized pipe, a sprinkler system electric valve, and PVC.
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.