[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What can I do with this....
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /diy/ - Do It yourself

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 5
File: IMG_20160620_000544.jpg (2 MB, 2448x3264) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160620_000544.jpg
2 MB, 2448x3264
I am a poorfag graduate student. Pulling off the nasty fence posts, and replacing them with open ropes is the best I can do. But the rope I could buy couldn't fit around my whole backyard, and the photo is the best solution I could come up with that fits the conditions. What ideas do you all have to make the rope break look alright?
>>
>graduate student
>can't communicate
FML.

Okay. What the fuck are you trying to do?
Are you trying to fence in your yard with rope? What the fuck? Why?

Your fence in the background is fine.
Learn to tie a knot so it doesn't look like shit at least.
http://www.animatedknots.com/indextypehitches.php?LogoI#ScrollPoint
>>
>>1011357
>can't communicate
Fair enough, I am a computer science graduate student, so that's definitely a possibility.

Anyway, I am trying to rid the original nasty fence (which was basically rotting) with something else. Digging is out of the question, because literally my entire yard is inundated with stones. So, instead of creating new posts, I went with the eyelet and rope look. I think it looks good, actually.

Anyway, the bundles of rope I bought basically end at the photo. There is an opportunity to do either 1) cut the rope; or 2) keep the rope as is and add something. My question is what does 4chan think I should do? The possibility for something else is also on the table.
>>
>>1011363
If that is your 'rotting' fence in the background there... it is practically brand new. I can't really believe the posts are rotting already.

If they are, get galvanized fence posts and replace with them.
>>
>>1011365
no, my fence is the shitty post connected with hemp rope.
>>
You're still not making any sense. How do eyelets and rope fix your rotting posts?
>>
>>1011369
The fence was comprised of two distinct parts. One were the posts that were cemented in the ground, which I kept because they weren't bad. The other part were the posts I took down because they were rotting.
>>
>>1011371
You could splice the eyelets into the rope properly, you should make a fid out of a pen or something and google chain rope splice.
>>
Ok wtf dude I've read this over and over and I don't see the problem with the fence that's already there, it separates the neighbors property from yours and it's in great shape. Why are you trying to build a second fence? POST MORE PICS SO WE CAN SEE WTF YOU'RE TALKING ABOUT
>>
>>1011354
dude, no one seems to understand wtf you are trying to do. Are you trying to delineate a property line? Or maybe you are just trolling.

>>1011363
If your yard is full of stones then dig it up, screen out the stones, and use them to build a classy fieldstone wall. Not some derpy rope shit.
>>
File: god_damn_it.jpg (73 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
god_damn_it.jpg
73 KB, 640x480
>>1011363
>Fair enough, I am a computer science graduate student, so that's definitely a possibility.
But also stupid because what's the point of a cs grad student that can't explain things.

reeeeeeeee.
>>
>>1011387
i think the good fence is his neighbors or something

and his "fence" is that post with the rope

hahaha

if so just use the neighbors fence
>>
File: TdcHv.png (46 KB, 350x252) Image search: [Google]
TdcHv.png
46 KB, 350x252
>>1011371
>The fence was comprised of two distinct parts. One were the posts that were cemented in the ground, which I kept because they weren't bad. The other part were the posts I took down because they were rotting.

I'm betting the 'posts' he took down because they were rotting was actually the pickets.

>graduate student - doesn't know posts from pickets
>>
File: ws_Cow_and_fence_1280x800.jpg (462 KB, 1280x800) Image search: [Google]
ws_Cow_and_fence_1280x800.jpg
462 KB, 1280x800
>>1011354
What are you trying to keep in/out? I could imagine a very lazy old blind heifer that had never been beyond the previous fence *might* respect your ropes out of habit, but that's it. This to me looks more like something you would do with twine to mark off a boundary temporarily that would last a bit longer than using spray paint or a trip hazard like metal wire.

If you go with this technique, be sure to leave yourself some way to allow access to the cow to get back there and cut the grass.
>>
File: funniest_4chan_ever.jpg (1 MB, 1278x4993) Image search: [Google]
funniest_4chan_ever.jpg
1 MB, 1278x4993
OP posted something just as funny years ago. And I know the title is wrong and he did not post it on 4chan, but its' amazing that he has not changed a bit.
>>
>>1013314
What a nasty job of tying that wire. You'd never get a good strain on it without it coming free.

Google 'figure 8 knot"
>>
>>1013326

You notice the cow is cockeyed? She has no use in rappelling vertically on fuckin barbed wire. Why not connect two constrictor knots? It's not likely she can untie them using her hoofs.
>>
>>BUILDING A SHITTY SMALLER FENCE ON THE OTHER SIDE OF A PERFECTLY GOOD FENCE.

WHY
>>
>>1013326
>Google 'figure 8 knot"

It's probably a repair for a broken strand.
Make one loop - feed other end through and pull back to tighten strand.
More difficult to do with a figure eight...
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.