[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
tree lifted this up
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /diy/ - Do It yourself

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1
File: 2016-06-19 15.30.17.jpg (4 MB, 3120x4160) Image search: [Google]
2016-06-19 15.30.17.jpg
4 MB, 3120x4160
What do? Keep aesthetics in mind I don't wanna asphalt ramp. I heard I can have it cut at a slant to even it out. I could dig a bunch and pull out the volume maybe but that sounds very difficult..
>>
>>1011176
Kill tree, lift slab (if possible), dig out root, re-level and re-lay slab.

I've lifted some pretty big slabs back in the day, I'm not saying it was easy or nice, and you will need help, but it can be done
>>
>>1011176
if you don't remove the tree the root will likely increase in size as the tree grows
it is therefore pointless to try to 'modify' it with a ramp

>>1011186
if you remove the tree then you can just relevel and re lay th slab, therefore it is pointless to modify it

so in conclusion
don't bother getting it 'cut'
>>
>>1011186
Mhm, I hear ya.
Any advice on lifting the whole slab? Tools?
>>
>>1011193
That tree gives good shade, I might wait until the other tree next to it is big enough to take over. Any temporary fix ideas, disregarding aesthetics?
>>
You may want to consider foam jacking. I believe it is most commonly used when the foundation sinks instead of becomes raised, but you may want to contact a foam jacking company to give you an estimate. As for the tree, you may want to either cut it down or dig up and extract the root.

http://concretejack.com/foam-jacking/
>>
>>1011201
Might be perfect, or might cause the same problem on the other side. Maybe if I keep something heavy on that other side it won't. Thanks, that's something to consider
>>
>>1011193
Demo saw and a shale bar.
>>
>>1011176

Don't cu tthe tree, i'm not a tree huger but for fuck sake, trees take a big fucking long to grow.

Just dig the root, cut it in a way it can't regrow, level and lay the slabs, it's easy bro.
>>
>>1011195
Chissle down the lifted edge so it becomes flush with the lower surface, it'd at least get rid of the tripping hazard. slabs can always be repaired or replaced.

smartest, best way to go about it is

>>1011374

remove slab, dig up root, cut it off, block root with something like wood that'll force the root to grow in another direction.
>>
>>1011176
You dont need to kill the tree, just lift the slab and chop out the root. Leave a straight, clean cut so the tree doesn't get infected and die on you. Make sure you tamp the ground and have sand to level everything when you relay the slab and bricks or they will all shift.
>>
>>1011176
You probably can't lift that slab I'd say use a bottle or scissor jack to prop it up, then brace it in place. Geotextile is good for preventing roots from returning or new roots from invading.
>>
>>1011419
>prevent the tree root from growing by placing a piece of a dead relative in front of it
>the root will learn quickly

Maybe build a small ramp out of a wedge of wood to sorta level them out?
>>
>>1011193
>tools
I don't know what these other guys are thinking of, but I've never seen slabs moved by anything less than a Bobcat.
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.