[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Sewing
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /diy/ - Do It yourself

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 5
File: il_570xN.904384562_mvjq.jpg (170 KB, 570x856) Image search: [Google]
il_570xN.904384562_mvjq.jpg
170 KB, 570x856
Hey /diy/ I was wondering if you could help me with a project. I am trying to sew a long dress that has long sleeves and a hood that can be pulled down and around the shoulders.

This isn't my first rodeo with sewing so I know how to make the dress part but I'm stuck on how to work with the hood. Pictures will be posted of the style hood I am trying to achieve.

I'm trying to work on my Halloween costume early this year. I tried looking up other tutorials for this but I could find any.

Also, if anyone has any other sewing related questions, feel free to post them and I will try to help!
>>
File: il_570xN.912650900_2t84.jpg (176 KB, 570x856) Image search: [Google]
il_570xN.912650900_2t84.jpg
176 KB, 570x856
>>1011083
>>
File: logoGreenSCLSDress1.jpg (303 KB, 850x1277) Image search: [Google]
logoGreenSCLSDress1.jpg
303 KB, 850x1277
>>1011085
>>
File: logoGreenSCLSDress2.jpg (341 KB, 850x1276) Image search: [Google]
logoGreenSCLSDress2.jpg
341 KB, 850x1276
>>1011087
>>
>>1011083
What's your experience with pattern making and modification?
Do you know how to create a regular hood?
Learn how a hood pattern looks (from a hoodie for example), and look up how you construct a waterfall neckline from a basic pattern.

These two should be enough to help you.
What does your current pattern look like?

Also, check out this thread:
>>993783
>>
>>1011083
I forgot, the pictures you posted just look like a really wide turtle neck. Basically just a tube from the shoulders up.
>>
File: Untitled-1.png (13 KB, 1462x799) Image search: [Google]
Untitled-1.png
13 KB, 1462x799
>>1011170
Like this maybe.
>>
What an ugly nigress
>>
>>1011168
I've made a couple patterns for dresses and pants but never shirts.
I do know how to make a hood, I'll definitely try to do this as well as >>1011170 making one with a wide turtleneck.

Thanks guys!
>>
>>1011174
more lovely black ass for me to pound
>>
Don't lie, the only thing you pound are the twinkies
>>
>>1011265
if you mean which cock,i pound that too
>>
>>1011206
>never shirts.
Well, a shirt is just the upper part of a dress, so that shouldn't be much of a problem.

If you're going to replicate the dress in the images, you'll obviously have to use a stretchy fabric, so if you haven't any sewing experience with that, I would recommend experimenting and training with some waste fabric first. It can be quite a bitch, and I usually pin much more than I would with a non-stretchy fabric.
>>
>>1011263
she would get it hard
>>
>>1011083
Op. Idfk what kind of halloween costume requires a dumb slut dress. But all too you I guess. There are like hundreds of patterns on the internet. If you've got an actual question a simple google search cant answer. Then ask. But saying you're gonna do a project then posting about how you want to do it, with no real questions asked you just came here to basically confirm from the masses wether or not you CAN do what YOU want with YOUR skill. None of us know you so none of us can help you. Since you didn't actually ask a real question that needs a real answer.
>>
>>1011490
>If you've got an actual question a simple google search cant answer. Then ask.
see
>>1011083
>I know how to make the dress part but I'm stuck on how to work with the hood
she needs help with the hood creating it in a way that it can be folded down and reveal the shoulders.
>>
>>1011420
Yeah, I made some stretchy pants before and it can be a pain but it's easier than dealing with silk!

>>1011490
I'm making a long dress with this but the hood was what I needed help with. Please take the time to read the full post.

>>1011496
Thank you

Thank you guys again!
>>
>>1011083
nice cameltoe.
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.