[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
hey /diy/ I'm an industrial designer. I need 3d printed
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /diy/ - Do It yourself

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1
hey /diy/

I'm an industrial designer.
I need 3d printed parts now and then.
small stuff mostly.
I have a friend at a local printing company and get a fair bit of discount.
the prices are quite high though.

a bod of mine had something milled in china and just picked it up when he was there on vacation (good timing).
it was stupid cheap and they even did a good job.

can I print overseas for cheap ?
google just redirects me to makerspaces in china and all that.

would it even make sense or are the material and energ costs for sls printing that high ?
>>
>>1010884
>can I print overseas for cheap ?
Sure. Can you ship it from overseas for cheap? Not unless you don't mind getting it 2 months later.
>>
How much printing do you do and what quality does it need to be? Its not that hard to learn and you can get used Makerbots/Ultimakers on the cheap. Additionally, if you need to print parts that are harder wearing then look into a second hand Stratasys Uprint.
>>
>>1010888

thats the point , I don't mind mostly.
If I need something quick I need to pay for that.

but something just need to be done with much of a deadline.
>>
>>1010894

I did some printing at my university and I'd love to do it my selfe.
that would probably be quite the gamechanger.
however.
fdm printed parts need quite a lot of finishing and the sls printed (and somethimes barrel sanded (isthis the right word)) parts are quite expansive.

if you could get a small fdm desktop printer for like 200 € that isn't total shit, I'd totaly get it.
>>
>>1010884
Why not ask this bod of yours for the company he ordered from and see if they do mail order?
>>
Google for 3D rapid prototyping china
>>
>>1010920

na they're printing in house.
they do lot's of rapid prototyping.
I like doing buissnes with them , but If I could fart out low cost prints for not that much money , It could be a gamechanger for me.
>>
>>1010920

ups I just now got what you ment.
they sadly only do milling.
should talk to him anyway , he can speak chinese

something that's crossed my mind before, are there any foam milling services that mill real objects ?
real objects like in , for example a cone from a block ?
is it even financially feasible ?
>>
>>1010884

>industrial designer
>doesn't have access to 3d printer in-house at work

Why? Just ask your boss for approval to get one for your ID department.
Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.