[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How to temporary Flagpole with no truck/rv
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /diy/ - Do It yourself

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 4
File: laksjd.jpg (111 KB, 560x373) Image search: [Google]
laksjd.jpg
111 KB, 560x373
I bought a telescoping flagpole from HF thinking it came with a stand and shit but the instructions say put it in the ground with concrete.

I'm going to a music festival next weekend and can't do that. How do I get it to stand up? Any ideas?

http://www.harborfreight.com/20-ft-telescoping-flag-pole-62285.html

Last year the people next to us had some tripod shit and had it roped and staked into the ground. This one is 20' tall and like 2" OD. It came with a plastic sleeve that goes in the ground. Anyways, how would I go about using ropes to secure it like pic related? I can't find a boy scout or a guide on the internet. Would that make up for not being able to use concrete?
>>
For example, is this flag being put into a concrete base? Surely there's a way to do this without having to use concrete or an attachment to a truck or RV(I have neither).
>>
>>1010688
>how would I go about using ropes to secure it like pic related?
seems pretty self explanatory

pound in stakes, draw ropes tight
>>
File: WW2_Iwo_Jima_flag_raising.jpg (23 KB, 417x336) Image search: [Google]
WW2_Iwo_Jima_flag_raising.jpg
23 KB, 417x336
forgot pic

>>1010693
Ok I'll just wing it I guess. I was hoping there was a secret way to do it.
>>
File: OE-254[1].png (95 KB, 547x510) Image search: [Google]
OE-254[1].png
95 KB, 547x510
>>1010695
I was in the Army as a commo guy. I put up a 30 ft antenna mast in the wind using only 3 guy ropes, 3 stakes and digging a 6 inch hole for the mast to sit in. Wasn't anywhere near the standard from this picture but the dumbasses that packed the antenna (mechanized infantry) lost a bunch of its parts so I had to make due. It worked for the 10 days I needed it.
>>
make, buy, mod a christmas tree stand

for some diy ideas

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A9aMQZENVp0
>>
or get/make a wood/pvc/metal box, put a tube in the center and fill it with sand. stick pole into tube.
>>
>>1010688
dig a hole
put the pole in the hole
put some branches around it in trinagle
fill the hole with dirt
>>
put it in 5 gallon bucket, fill bucket with concrete
Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.