[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Affordable fathers dat gifts! <50$
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /diy/ - Do It yourself

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 4
File: breakfast-sandwich-maker.jpg (73 KB, 570x500) Image search: [Google]
breakfast-sandwich-maker.jpg
73 KB, 570x500
Affordable fathers dat gifts! <50$
>>
Unconditional love and mental relief of knowing your son is a useless piece of sh*it unable to think about a gift by himself.
>>
>>1009079
My dad likes eating and is coming back from a big trip, so I'm making him a crockpot full of homemade meatballs.
Fathers appreciate a nice gesture and a hot meal more than a show of flowers and a card.
>>
File: 1459190845801.png (37 KB, 1127x685) Image search: [Google]
1459190845801.png
37 KB, 1127x685
a successful son.

it's free, but rare.
>>
>>1009079
>consumerism-centered holidays

Go fishing with your dad or other such activity.
>>
File: 20121001_ec3f54.jpg (56 KB, 800x600) Image search: [Google]
20121001_ec3f54.jpg
56 KB, 800x600
Bought my dad a Japanese waterstone. Not that he needs one (he's an oil stone guy and has plenty of stones already), but it's something he doesn't have already and it'll give us an opportunity to talk about sharpening knives and for him to pass on knowledge that he wouldn't otherwise have the chance to talk about. Fatherly mentoring stuff.

And it was only ~$35, so there's that.
>>
>>1009110
This

Last year I asked my dad what he wanted to do. And he was like take me disc golfing I wanna see what all the fuss is about.

Now I can't get him to leave me alone every weekend cause he loves it so much. Great though cause he picked up my hobby instead of vice versa. I'd say it probably improved our relationship. Considering he wasn't there for 95% of my childhood. I guess all the beer and conversation was what we needed.
>>
>>1009079
My dad has one of those things, apparently he really likes it. Personally, I just use a fucking skillet.
>>
File: 1327600944061.jpg (450 KB, 2736x3648) Image search: [Google]
1327600944061.jpg
450 KB, 2736x3648
>>1009079
>buyfag thread on /diy/ - Do It Yourself
>>
>>1009115
I got this one as my first high grot stone and was breddy good. Except the Box it came in was kind of shit and there was a small chip off a corner, it it functions fine. What else do I expect for the cheapest Japanese stone on amazon.
>>
>>1009079
Literally every single time anyone buys my father something, he doesnt give a fuck and doesnt use it.

Hes burnt everyone so much, we dont even buy him shit anymore.
And he doesnt have any real hobbies, and he doesnt like to do anything we try to get him to do.

Hes only 55, but acts likes hes 90.
He'll be lucky to get a phone call from me.
>>
>>1009127
I was gifted one.
It works better than you would think to make the actual sandwich.

Problem is it gets really dirty every time you use it, and its hard to clean.
The canadian bacon is really expensive for what you get, and I got sick of them real quick.

If you are a lover of egg mcmuffins and other breakfast sandwich shit you can make on it, you would love it.
I like a bacon egg cheese biscuit from mcdonalds maybe 2-3 times a year.
>>
>>1009162
So stop buying him useless crap and take him out for an experience, like a family dinner or a family trip to the local gloryhole.
>>
>>1009278
Like I said, he scoffs at going out just as much as he would if you gave him stuff.
Even if he got his rocks off at a glory hole.

You just cant please some people, and im at a point in my life that I simply cut toxic people out.
>>
>>1009295
My pops is like that due to being a divorced hermit. He doesn't want shit for any holiday ever. But he still gives us presents.

I dunno it could be hes fucking tired of getting the same stereotypical shit for the past 30 years

>oh boi another screwdriver set, tie or whatever.

I mean I'm 28 and even birthdays and xmas have lost any sort of flare of getting shit I'd like or be really interested in. Not enough to be bitter about it though

Have you tried a six pack and a copy of diehard(1)?
>>
>>1009303
Well like my dad is in a much better spot financially than I am, so it'd be insulting for me to try to get him something he consciously wants but can't afford or justify, like a 5 axis lathe or a trip to hawaii or something.

So I aim for things he might like but wouldn't bother buying for himself. I've got him a nice pen, a nice keychain flashlight, a nice phone, shit like that.
>>
grill up some steaks, shoot the shit and telling how awesome of a dad he is

if he has a hobby, get him supplies for said hobby
>>
>>1009375
buy him a smith and wesson anniversary edition revolver with a stack of ammo.

no hard ass would rebuke that
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.