[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hey /diy/ is my pc build ok? Do you find any problem or incompatibility?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /diy/ - Do It yourself

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 3
File: caja pc.jpg (86 KB, 800x800) Image search: [Google]
caja pc.jpg
86 KB, 800x800
Hey /diy/ is my pc build ok? Do you find any problem or incompatibility?
MOBA: Gigabyte GA-H110M-S2H
CPU: Intel i5-6600K 3.5Ghz
GPU: MSI GeForce GTX 970 Gaming 4GB GDDR5
RAM: G.Skill Ripjaws V Red DDR4 2400 PC4-19200 16GB 2x8GB CL15
CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper TX3i CPU Cooler
SSD: Samsung 750 Evo SSD Series 120GB SATA3
BOX: Sharkoon VG4-W USB 3.0
POWER SUPPLY: Tacens Mars Gaming 700W

I have already a monitor, a hard drive, keyboard and mouse. SO What´s your opinion?
>>
Well this is hardly the board to post this.
But buying a 970 right now is beyond retarded.
>>
>>1009072
Well explain me (the retarded) why
>>
>>1009070
You should buy a Mainboard with a Z170 Chipset, you cant use the Overclicking Features with this Board. Or you buy a non K CPU.
>>
>>1009075
the rx480 from amd will be out in about 2 weeks and it will perform better than the 970 for a smaller price
>>
>>1009070
>>>/g/
>>
>>1009128
also besides the things the anons above told you, you can save some money if you buy a cheaper psu. 700 watts for a skylake build is way to much. id suggest you go on a psu calculator website. my guess would be that you need around 500watts
>>
>>1009070
>>>/g/
>>
>>1009145
>>1009129
You send people to other boards, but cant read other boards stickys?
These threads arent allowed there
>>
>>1009130
Buying the bare minimum rated PSU is fucking retarded.
The harder you drive it, the less efficient it runs, the shorter life it has.

Yes, it was popular for a while for people to buy 1200w PSUs when they were running single cards. Yes it was kind of dumb.
But buying a quality PSU with headway so that you will never run it really hard is not a bad idea.
>>
Beyond autistic. You need a 500w PSU not 700

1070 is out now and outperforms the Titan x. Why would you buy a 970. Buy that or wait for AMD's new stuff soon like the other guy said.
>>
>>1009070
>>1009129
>>1009145
>>>/v/
>>
>>1009161
To be fair, the 970 was a retarded card to buy the day it came out.
>>
>>1009156
a 500w psu would be more than enough he could even run his system with 430w but with 500w he has a bit of room for the future. skylake cpus and newer gpus are extremely power efficient
>>
File: real-men.jpg (47 KB, 398x398) Image search: [Google]
real-men.jpg
47 KB, 398x398
>>1009070
rainbow in disguise.
>>
>>1009070
Non overclocking mobo with a k cpu is also retarded.
>>
>>1009128
>buying AMD ever...
>>
>>1010783
>buying intel ever
enjoy your new socket spec just so they can jew you for another motherboard with no new features.
>>
>>1009075
Get a 1070 they the same price as a 970
>>
>>1009070
If you are going to use for gaming, youre gonna need a hard drive, at least 500 gb, 120 gb for gaming is nothing
>>
>>1010792
Motherboards don't provide features anymore anyway, and they haven't for several years.

A modern motherboard is just a bunch of wires connecting features that are on the processor to the sockets these features need.

Modern motherboards don't include:
- Memory controller: it's on the processor
- PCIe bus: it's on the processor
- Onboard graphics, including the Phy layer: it's on the processor

All you'll find on a modern motherboard nowadays is:
- a USB root hub
- a SATA controller
- a NIC
- a sound card
All provided by a single chip also manufactured by Intel.
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.